The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daydreamer or Dreamer as we call her was the second born of triplet does out of my aged doe (7 years) Sweet Pea, who rarely gives me does so I was super excited. I choose Dreamer because of her color (yeah I know not the best reason) and she reminds me so much of a doe I lost.

Well Dreamer isnt growing. We were supplementing her till her sisters left on friday. She is 8 weeks old.

When born Dreamer was half the size of her sisters and she has stayed that way.

We have battled like many coccidia in the kids and everyone seems to be responding to treatment except her. She is skin and bones and still has the scours.

All I can imagine is how Secret (the doeling she resembles) died in the same manor no matter how much I tried to save her.

Im frustrated because she isnt in my immediate care and if I hadnt been away for a week I might have noticed how down hill she was getting. Im frustrated and hoping I can pull her through but Im getting very discouraged.

I tried calling the vet, still no answer, Im going to call tomorrow!

She had nice bright eyelids on friday when I gave the Baycox and no scours. But I gave it as a precaution especially since she was so skinny.

Now she has the scours and eyelids are pale.

Mom was wormed on Friday as well with Valbazen.

Today I gave her pepto and called the vet like I said but Im getting discouraged because I dont want to worm her and have her die on me like Secret did (I wormed her with valbazen and she died the next day). Its crazy but the whole thing just reminds me of what i went through with Secret and she looks just like her UGH

Just pray she makes it and the scours are just from her getting more milk now from mom. Im thinking of giving ivermectin to her tomorrow (Secret did fine on Ivermectin) and more Pepto.

OH and it would be nice for the rain to stop!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw on another topic about a similar situation to give probios and bcomplex :doh: sometimes when its my own goat I loose all my knowledge!

She will get that as well as the ivermectin tomorrow. Also some Nutri drench.

She is a cute friendly little thing.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
sometimes when its my own goat I loose all my knowledge!
Yeah, I know that feeling! Prayers for Dreamer coming your way this minute. I hope she pulls through for you and grows up to be a healthy, beautiful doe.

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
awe Stacy, Im sorry...prayers sent!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Stacey,

I hope Dreamer responds to your treatment. I am sorry I don't have enough knowledge to help you, as you have helped me so many times. I can send positive thoughts your way though!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you guys -- I didnt get a call that she passed so that must mean she is still fighting on. I will be going over this morning despite the rain and going to keep giving her supportive treatment.

My only big concern is giving her to much wormer. But I have decided to go with the horse paste. It should be a light enough wormer to not tax her little system.

When I say little - this 8 week old cant be much more then 7lbs (she was 2lbs at birth)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Stacey, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope Dreamer pulls through. Good luck, and keep us updated. :hug:

sending positive thoughts your way!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well she was happy to see me and then happy to see me leave I think :p

Gave her more Pepto, probios, nutri drench, wormed her as well. Held off on the neomycin for ecoli as it really smells like coccidia and I didnt want to overload her system.

Tomorrow she will get more Baycox if the runs continue. oh and some Bcomplex if I have someone to hold her -- she is to squirmy for me to hold and give a shot on my own.

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
sounds like she is in very good hands ;)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts