Prayers PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Mar 3, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I can not believe it. My daughter is trying out for the El Paso County fair Queen this Saturday, the 7th of March. She is trying so hard, but today she woke up and she has no voice at all. And on top of that she was just diagnosed with a several UTI, (Urinary Track infection). She can barely walk.

Why lord does this have to happen now? Please I ask that you pray for her (Brenna) that she can recover and do well at the try outs. I just pray that she will be the next El Pase County Fair Queen.

2. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    I am so excited for her. Lots of fluids and the antibiotics (they did prescribe some didn't they?) will do the trick. She has a few days to rest up! Prayers coming your way too!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Dear Lord , please help Brenna get well and be able to perform and win the title "El Paso County fair Queen".....give her the voice ...that is sure to win....give her the confidence to achieve that goal... Amen.... :pray:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Amen!

Tell her we are routing for her Lori!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I will be thinking about her and sending good vibes.

They should have given her an antibiotic AND a pill that numbs the urethra track. It turns the urine Bright - dark orange - if not - call the doc in the AM and get it.

Also, lots and LOTS of cranberry juice. The grape cranberry is REALLY good and the extra vitamins in the juice will help with the virus that caused her to loose her voice.

There is also stuff called Emergen-C ... I hate taking vitamins, but this stuff is awesome. Mix it in a little water and down it - raspberry is the best by far! Take it 4 times a day and within 24-48 hours she will feel SOOO much better. Now, when ever I feel something creeping, I take it a couple times, and I really haven't been sick since and I work where all the sick college kids come to see the doctor!

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

WOW Allison, Are you sure you are not the Dr that saw her? You hit the nail on the head. The Dr gave her all that stuff for the UTI. I have to tell you I was so scared, when she was finally able to give them a urine sample, it was like solid blood. I thought I was going to freak out, so I went to the person that she gave it to and asked if that was normal? He said yes and no. She has a LOT of blood but to take a breather it was not just blood, there was some urine in the sample or it would not of been so thin. They did count 15 blood clots.
    I felt bad when I went home to get her she was rolled up on the couch in a fetal position balling her eye out. I was so worried. I asked if it hurt that bad and she said yes, BUT she was crying because if this is what UC feels like for a goat she would rather shoot them then have them feel this pain. :(

Thanks all for your prayers. There are a lot of girls trying out, but I just pray the lord has it in his plans for her to be the next queen, if not then that is ok.
    I will post pictures of her when she is in her outfits. She had them personally made for her from a friend.
    She has taken the Emergen-C, and she HATES cranberry juice but she is trying to get it down. She said she will try anything if it helps her feel better. She did go to school because she said she can not afford to miss any school being a Senior and all.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what a strong girl she is! :hug:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Lori ...you are very welcome.... :pray: :pray:

9. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Prayers coming her way. I used to suffer from those when I was younger, so I can feel for her.

If they did not give her an RX for numbing you can buy it over the counter it is called AZO (it's a little orangey/brown pill) and according to our pharmacist here it's the same thing the docs prescribe for numbing.

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I do hope that she feels alot better soon....what a strong young lady you have to go to school feeling THAT awful! Prayers sent for her recovery AND for the try outs. :hug:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Prayers sent her way. WOW :shocked: the symptoms you described-very scarey for sure. She's very strong to make it to school. Looking forward to the pics of her outfits, if she's able to.

12. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Oh My Gosh I had no idea.......I hope she bounces back soon. This is silly but if she was a goat you would have known what to do! You are the best and I thank you for all your kindness and support this past month.

I'll put her on the prayer list too....there's always room for one more :)

13. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    If she dosen't like the cranberry juice you can buy cranberry pills.

I will be praying for her. :pray:

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is a idea.

She is doing a little better. She is able to stand straight up now, so that is a big step, but she is still in pain and now she has NO VOICE. It is nice around here :ROFL: but it will be bad for Saturday. She has to give a 3 minute speech.

Thank you all for the prayers. They mean the world to me. I can not thank you all enough.

15. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Oh Lori I am so very sorry! I can DEFINITELY understand her pain! I used to be REALLY bad about getting UTI's and was in the same boat as her one time (curled up on the couch not wanting to move). They did give her something for the pain AND the meds that Allison was talking about didn't they? She definitely needs to be sure and take ALL the antibiotics that they prescribed... they usually prescribed me Septra but I have had a few different atibiotics before. Also, if she happens to like apple juice, you can get Cran-Apple juice for her to drink! It is not NEAR as tart as plain Cranberry juice (it is what I drink because I can't STAND cranberry juice!).

I am very glad to hear she is feeling a little better, and I hope she does well this weekend!! Keep us posted!

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yes she is on antibiotics. She is really bad at taking any medication at all. She hates taking any medications so it is really hard to get her to keep taking the meds normally, but with this she is taking them pretty well.

She went to school again today. Lucky all her teachers are wonderful and have told my her dad (he is a teacher also), that if she needs anything or misses anything because she is sleeping through the calls, they will help her.

Does this medication cause you to be tired? She said when she takes it she gets really tired and can not stay awake at all.

17. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Prayers for a speedy recovery!

18. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I think as far as the sleepness goes... some do get sleepy on it and some don't. Me personally, I ALWAYS get sleepy when taking it! :ZZZ: So I would say that is a normal reaction :thumbup: I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

19. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Wow, I can't believe I missed this post, sorry Lori. I have alot of personal experience with UTI. She must drink water...literally all the time...carry a water bottle with her (not necessarily huge quantity, but, sip, sip, sip). She must NEVER wait to urinate...go as soon as she feels the urge...even if it means stopping the car and sitting on the edge...go immediately...this probably means you should never pass a rest room (LOL) at first the quantity will be small, that's OK. She's tired because her body's defenses are trying to save her life! Put her to bed and let them help her. You want to know if she feel nausiated, if she feels sick to her stomach, rush her to the Dr., it may mean her kidney's are shutting down.

I hope they antibiotics are working now and she's better, but once you've had a serious UTI, chances are she'll have it again. No more carbonated beverages, cranberry juice, water, tea. I'm a milk lover, but, I've cut way back, I drink 4 ounces 3x/day. Of course, not until she recovers. :pray: :pray: Hope she's better!

Oh, make sure she takes ALL of the antibiotics! Every pill, you don't want that bug coming back, stronger!

20. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    How's your daughter, Lori?