prayers

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by dobe627, Sep 19, 2008.

1. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    I am not usually good at asking for help ( to stubborn) . But I would like it if you could all say a prayer for my mom. And to give us -her kids strength. I just got a call she has breast cancer. And although I know survivol rates are usually good. She has several strikes against her. 1 being she has always smoked heavily, something I nor my siblings do and have tried to persuade her to quit. Shes 62 and apparently back in may when she had a mammagram they found it. HOWEVER, somehow the results never got to her dr so she didn't know and nothing was done. So the other day she was at the dr and just happend to ask well after hunting down the one from may they decided to do another AsAp and lump was bigger. So had a biopsy yest. And will have a full body scan monday to see how advanced. UUGHHH. It sucks because I am over 4 hours away. Plus it has me scared because 2 years ago I had a lump removed but due to no insurance and money being tight have not been rechecked since then. Thanks all in advance for your prayers, I need to go hug my goats. Cathy

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'll keep your mom and you in my prayers, may the Lord give you strength and healing during these hard times :pray:

3. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I am very sorry to hear about this. My mother has been fighting Leiomyosarcoma for 18 months. You and your family will be in our prayers. As far as you getting checked, you need to get it done ASAP. Many places offer FREE screening and treatment if you are qualified. Call the American Cancer Society and ask about it. Since you are now predisposed its more imperative.
    crocee

4. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    thank you goathappy and crocee( I will pray for your mom). And to those on the prayer thread, sorry I thought I hit pst reply not new topic, didn't mean to jump in front. We have tried for financing through the local med center when I had my lump removed. They said my hubby made too much money. They wouldn't listen, hes a truck driver and his income is nice HOWEVER they didn't look at no taxes are taken out nor are fuel costs, which takes over half. The lady said to me " we don't have a form for that, just on what the income is". UGGH, if I would have been standing in front of her and not on the phone I may have smacked her. Cathy

5. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    I will certainly pray for your mom and the rest of your family. Call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-ACS-2345 and they can direct you to a lowcost mamogram program. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month so alot of facilities have specials going to get more women in the door. With regards to the income being too high sometimes if you take a copy of your taxes with you they can use that for income (after all expenses for being self employed are taken out)
    Hope that helps a bit.
    Deena

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Cathy, I am so glad that you posted this. The power of prayer is more powerful then people believe, and you get a bunch of us goat people together, we pray so loud and strong the lord hears us loud and clear.
    Lord I ask that you are with Cathy and the rest of the family as they go through this ordeal. Lord we do not know why you have chosen this family to affect, but we have to know it is for a reason and Lord we know the family and all of us will learn what ever it is you want us to from this.
    Lord I ask you that you give the Dr the ability to get this taken care of and I pray that you are able to get Cathy back into the Dr to be checked again, and PLEASE lord take care of this family and give them the strength to get through this.
    I know lord you have a reason for every thing you do and we are not to question it, we are to just learn from it and become stronger with you, lord I pray that this family will pull together and rely on you to get them thought this time that they need you so badly right now.
    Lord that you for all that you do and for the love that you have for us that you gave your son so we can all be free from our sins. Thank you for the blood that was shed on Calvary's cross. AMEN

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am putting in a prayer for her :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Yes, Lori's prayer is beautiful, amen.

I'll be praying for you and your mother.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You are in my prayers....as well as your mom and the rest of your family... :pray: