prayers

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sparks879, Oct 20, 2009.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I dont usually ask for prayers or thoughts, but a friend of mine is in a life or death situation. I have talked to Stacey some about it.
    My friend Blake works on radio towers. About two months ago he was knocked off a tower by a crane. he had a hardhat on and a harness but when he fell he got slammed into the side of the tower breaking his back. he was paralized from the waist down. The last couple of weeks he has been losing feeling in his arms as well. They found out he was leaking spinal fluid. He went in for surgery this morning, with a 25 % chance of coming out of it alive. Well he came out of it alive, but he is in a coma, they dont think he is going to make it through the night.
    Last time i talked to him he sounded depressed and he said he wished it was all over, i know its the depression talking. he is a wonderful person the deserves so much more in life. he is only 29 years old and has a lot of years to go.
    Please just keep him in your thoughts.
    thanks
    beth

2. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    What a terrible, terrible tragedy for a man so young! I am so sorry, my thoughts are with him xxx

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Beth.....I am so sorry to hear this, how sad :hug: ...... I will for sure say a prayer for Blake :pray: .
    Take care, Denise

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Oh Beth! That is so horrible! You can count on my prayers! I can't imagine that happening! No wonder he was depressed! Please please keep us updated!
    :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
    Hoping for all the best,
    Tara

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Beth, I sure will be praying for him.

Lord, I pray today to you that you will take care of Blake in his recovery. Lord I pray that you will be with the Doctors and give them the knowledge that they need to help Blake in this time. Lord if Blake is never to walk again that is your plans and we can not ask that you change it, but I pray that you will help Blake and the family and friends to accept what you have planned for him and just embrace it. we do not know why this happened and why you chose him, but we must accept it so I pray to you that you will help everyone involved to accept it and to feel your arms wrapped around everyone and let them know you are there for them.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Beth ....I am so sorry about ...Blake... :( ....I will pray...... that he heals and gets back to his self .......really soon.....what a horrible accident.... :( :hug: :pray:

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    How devastating for someone so young to be injured so badly, I pray that he recovers and keeps his will to live :hug:

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

he's gone, his cousin just called me.

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh my gosh. I didn't see this. I am so sorry for you loss. :hug: :tears:

10. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Beth.....I am so sorry :hug: .
    I'll keep you and his family in my prayers......it is those left behind that need prayers to move forward with life and deal with their greif..... Blake is now at peace and has no more pain.
    Bless you and his family, Denise

11. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

that is so tragic. :( I will be praying. :pray:

12. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh my goodness- I am so sorry, I didn't see this until now either.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends- what a horrible thing to have happened.

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Beth. I am so sorry. I sure wish I could give you a hug in person. It is so hard to lose someone in a accident like that.

Lord I pray that you will be with Beth in this time, lord please wrap your arms around her and let her know you are there for her. There was a reason for this no matter how hard it is to understand. Lord please give her the support that she needs.
    Amen.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Beth I am so sorry

message me if you need to talk

15. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    How tragic...I will keep you and his family in my thoughts. :hug:

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry.... :hug: My heart goes out to you ...and his family...it isn't easy.. :hug: :(

17. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :grouphug: :tears:

18. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He is in a better place now, free of pain :hug: My heart goes out to Blakes' family and friends in this time of sorrow :hug:

19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm so sorry, my prayers are with you and his family :hug: :grouphug: :pray: :hug:

20. Guest

Guest Guest

:grouphug: :hug: :tears: :pray:
    may God be with you and his family.
    i'll be praying for you all.
    :grouphug: