Pre-Kidding Poop?!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nupine, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Daisy is on day 149 and may kid today. She has had odd poop since like Sat. or Sun. It is not diarhea, but is like a HUGE about of ''pebbles'' all squished together to make a ball. It has a little bit of grain in it, and is a little smellier than usual. Is this something to be concerned about? Is it just that the birth canal is getting more dialated, so the poop canal is getting small and squishing all the poop together? Help!! :question:

2. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    All of my girls do this before kidding. Usually for about a week before, they get some form of abnormal poop. Ive had berries all stuck together, dog poop, to very soft (but not yet diarrehea). I wouldnt worry about it unless it continues for a while after kidding.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    When she is ready to go, if anything like my girls, she'll "clean out" meaning continuous pooping! They need to empty the intestine so theres more roon in the birth canal and after birth mine get a "cow patty" type first poo then back to normal in a few hours.

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    I noticed some poops like that yesterday, so maybe my final doe is getting ready to kid?

Marie

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah that can be a sign