Precious and Bella have kidded!! See pg 2 and 5

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Dover Farms, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Bella's ligs have softened quite a bit this afternoon compared to this morning when we did chores...she's more mushy now. She is REALLY swollen and her udder is fuller. Looks to have twins or trips...probably twins. This is her last due date...she was in with Cass for almost 2 weeks...and this month's countdown started on the 8th.

Precious' kids are starting to drop. She still has her ligs and hasn't made much of an udder, but she didn't really have one last year until shortly before she had them. Last year we thought she would have one and had twins....this year I am thinking trips or big twins. Lets hope trips, because we didn't have a set last year and we haven't a set this year either. Oh and she is groaning away out there, but that's nothin' new. Although she seems to be obsessively itching/cleaning her feet and legs. Her day 150 due date is the 22nd, but last year she went 9 days early.

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Re: Bella and Precious are getting close!

Oh I hope Bella has girls for you!! She is so pretty :)

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Sounds like she's really close!!! Hope she kids easily and with what you want!!! :D Go Bella!!!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

O BOY! More babies!!!! OK WHO'S DOES WILL DROP FIRST? LOL I hope you have un eventful and healthy deliveries with healthy bouncing babies!!!

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Thanks!

Bella update:
    I could get my hand half way around her spine last night. Ligs were really low and soft and hard to find. Last night she was starting to drop some. I haven't been out to feel ligs this morning, but Mom went out and said she was chewing her cud.

Precious update:
    Not much to update on her yet....

Bella...I would like to order a safe delivery, healthy babies and a side order of girls. Thank you. :greengrin:

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Bella update!!
    I can get my hand 1/2 - 2/3's of the way around her spine. Her ligs are very, very soft if not gone. She would stand there and slightly arch her back every few minutes. Before she layed down she hoofed the ground a bit. No discharge, yet. I am thinking babies soon! PLEASE BE GIRLS! Trip girls would be GREAT! We could keep one, give on to Nicole(deal we made when we got Bella) and sell one!

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Thats great! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BELLA! :girl: :girl: :girl:

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Let's go Bella! Drop out some girls!! :girl: :girl: :girl:

9. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

YES! Girls!

Oh and I forgot....her back legs are pretty straight...

10. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

Yay!! GO BELLA!! :cool: :cool: :leap: :stars: :stars: :girl: :girl: :girl:

11. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Bella is having contractions! She had a string of goo and it about touched the ground and fell off. She is getting another string. Babies soon!!!

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

Oh good luck!! Can't wait to hear the news :)

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

That's exciting!! Can't wait to hear what she has!! :cool:

14. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

I am getting a little concerned. When I posted about her having contractions...they weren't the push-em-out ones, but they were getting pretty strong and leading to that point...or so I thought. She had a few strong contractions and then got up and didn't really do anything. She did arch her back a little, but that wasn't as strong as what she had when laying down. Now it seems she is not doing anything. She just kind of stands there. She has had two strings of goo and they fell off and now she only has one that is maybe 3 inches long. Also, I still can't get my hand all the way around her spine...just as much as I said earlier. Oh and she was eating some hay and chewing cud earlier, but not anymore. I don't know what to think. We had a doe a couple of years ago that would have contractions while laying down and then get up and not do a THING! Ended up pulling three dead doe kids...first two were breech and the last was come with her head back. Lord please do not let that happen again! Please pray. Mom is going to go in...sooner than we did with the doe a couple of years ago...better safe than sorry. Then if something is indeed wrong...we're calling the vets. Something just doesn't feel right...they don't just stop having contractions that strong and not do anything unless....let's hope not.....something is wrong.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Bella and Precious are getting close! HELP! See last post!

I hope that everything ends up ok - my doe that delivered a week ago had contractions for quite a long time, but I had to go get some sleep. When I got up the next morning it seemed like she had completely stopped. She was eating and mad that she was not with the rest of the herd. Then when I got home - my little buckling was here.

Are the babies moving at all???

16. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

I don't know how to feel for babies! I've tried and then when I think I've got it...I feel on a doe that has already kidded and I feel the same thing! :sigh:

Gotta go.......be back later....hopefully with good news....

17. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i think your smart to go in. If nothing else she doesn't sound like she is progressing the way she should. I have my fingers crossed for you guys!
    beth

18. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

Jacque, that would freak me out.. if I was you I would definitely be checking her. Better safe than sorry :sigh: I hate it when they do this. So confusing! :doh:

19. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

And I am praying for you and Bella!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

Oh dear!! I'll be praying for you :( :pray: