Precious and Flicka kidded!!! **Pics added!**

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Dover Farms, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Woo! Flicka and Precious will be kidding on Thursday! I'm excited...more Rebel babies...they should be nice! I need to get some pics of them, they both look like they could have trips...but it's only 9 degrees out right now, so pics will have to wait. :sigh:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: More kids coming!!!

here's to healthy kiddings.... :pray: :wink:

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

That's exciting!! Wow 9 degrees?? That's no fun!

4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Thanks!

And as for the weather...no it sucks!!! And with the wind...it feels like your face will fall off. :shocked: It finally got up to 20 today...just in time for the sun to go down. :roll: Oh well, at least it will be 45 Thursday. :)

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thats rediculously cold!

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

We gave the girls they're shots last night...so babies tomorrow! :leap: We're pretty even right now as far as bucks to does(3 to 2)...I wonder how will be doing after tomorrow. :wink:

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

must be nice knowing exactly when they will kid.....do you induce every year?

Lets go girls!!!!

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Jacque, Why do you induce your girls? Isn't it best to let them go when nature tells them to?

9. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Stacey, it is really nice knowing when they will kid. And you can make sure they kid in the day, too. :wink: This is the first year we've induced our girls and it went so well with Fool I think we will do it every time now.

Lori, we raise our goats on CAE prevention, so we have to pull the kids at birth. We didn't induce Bella this year and she was due on a sat., so Mom took off Fri-Sun because I was supposed to be gone. She didn't kid until Mon. and Mom was late to work. Most of the time I am home, but not always...and next year I will have a job of my own. So it's gonna be very hard to make sure we're here when the doe finally decides to kid..whenever that may be, because we all know how they are! This way we are home and the doe kids on our time. I know several breeders that induce without problems...there is even one that been inducing her does for 12 years.

Oh and I have some pics of the blimps coming. :greengrin:

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Okay here are some pics!

Precious:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flicka(she wasn't being very photogenic..all she wanted to do was eat!):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So how many do ya think? This will be Precious's 3rd kidding. She had twin bucks her first time and buck/doe twins last year. I hoping for trips this year and more girls. These will be 3/4 siblings to her first kids that were out of Roulette and they looked really nice. And this will be Flicka's 2nd kidding. Last year she had twin does...she looks much bigger this year. Again I am hoping for trips. :) Oh and you can kind of see in her udder shot some discharge..she started losing her plug yesterday before we even gave her the shot.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Beautiful girls. I have a Precious also. :clap:

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Precious - triplets
    Flicka - twins

13. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

:GAAH: Darn that Precious...I swear she must not like me! This makes it the 3rd time that we haven't been there to witness her kiddding!! :hair: I thought for sure that we would be there..since we induced her and all...but no..she decided to go at 30 hours. No one got to nurse, though..the kids were still wet when Mom got out there to check.

So I suppose you want to hear what she actually had instead of me ranting huh? :ROFL: Stacey you were right...trips! :girl: :girl: :boy: too! Woo hoo! Good thing Precious doesn't have any problems since it seems we can never be out there with her. :pray: I am thankful for that...just frustrated...we've never been out there with her and the really iritating thing is we are ALWAYS home when she kids! :doh: I wondered, though, if we'd miss it...she looked quite spiteful last night when we checked on her....like she was saying "I'm still gonna have 'em without you!! HA!"

I'll get some pics after a bit. Flicka probably won't go for a little bit yet...I still hope she has trips. :)

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Precious kidded!! Waiting on Flicka...

I think she was headed into labor before you induced her so thats probably why she went "early" congrats on the triplets!!!

15. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Thanks!! I don't know that she was already starting labor..she was on day 146. The time frame is 29-36 hours so she just went on the early side of the time frame. Next year...we'll induce her for the middle of the day..that way when she goes early it will still be daylight! *evil grin*

16. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Congratulations on the new babies! That's what I thought she'd have too! Hope Flicka gives you some babies soon too!

17. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

You got your triplets!! That's great, congrats! :cool:

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Congrats on the trips!! :stars: :stars: and :girl: :girl: to boot!

So, sorry - just curious, do you do CAE preventative because they have been exposed to CAE? I guess I am just unclear on the reasoning that all, not just you - I just wanted to ask, do the CAE preventative, because pasturizing the milk would make certain vitamins, minerals, and antibodies out of the milk.....

Just like yo learn new things :wink:

19. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Thanks!! Flicka is just taking her sweet 'ole time. Eating and everything...she hasn't reached the 36 hour mark though, but it's not very far away! 36 hours will be at 11:30 am. Her ligs are gone though and her udder is still filling.

Allison, we haven't tested for CAE yet...so this is a safety precaution. We do plan on testing this year(and I pray everyone is negative!), but even if everyone comes back negative..we'll still raise kids on CAE prevention for safety measures.

20. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

If everyone tests negative for CAE in your herd- why would you need to raise on preventative method? :scratch: Just wondering! :)