The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
I would just keep an eye on it that it doesnt turn into mastitis but other than that I would just leave it alone...: ) however, If it gets huge, uncomfortable for her and its even sided you can test a bit of the fluid to see if its real milk or a watery version. Some does can be milked from a PU with no issues..others will empty out then not produce any more..the down side of milking is you open the orphus to bacteria..so only do if really necessary;) Do not milk if she become lopsided,,, this will cause her to always be lopsided. Usually the udder is only good on one side and sickly on the other...
I would breed her as soon as she is both old enough and large enough for a real udder that Im sure will amaze you!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the info! LOL! I had no clue this could happen so young. I will keep an eye on her for problems. Precocious is a good description for Rose herself

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
LOL..she is a doll for sure lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ruth's precocious udder - Born 4/4/14 - pictures taken 4/22, 5/6 & 5/14
In 2 of the photos she is rearing up on the wall so you can really see her development. Her udder is very soft and has no heat or lumpy texture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is precious!
When Roses udder finally emptied it left her with long teats and a still obvious bag. Your girls looks very much like Roses udder did when it was full. We will have a couple of productive girls when they freshen
I'll try and post a pic later of what she looks like now.

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my goodness. I just looked up at the old pictures of Rose. She was so little. She has grown from a tiny Diva to a bigger Diva!

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts