The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I build a little 10' by 10' goat shed and but I'm still a little nervous to have them sleep in it at night because of the amount of predators I have around my house. The shed is secure with a floor but there are some small cracks where the wood over hangs. Nothing big could get into it, for example a coyote couldn't or a fox or raccoon. The only thing I'm worried about is possibly a weasel could sneak through one of the cracks somehow. Should I be concerned about a weasel or some other smaller predator hurting my 3 month old pygmy goats? Right now they sleep in my room with me in a dog kennel at night :rolleyes:. Does anyone else have their goats sleep in their room with them or are me and my girlfriend weird lol?

·
Super Moderator
59,610 Posts
Can you fill the cracks somehow? Weasels shouldn't bother the goats but you would want to try and keep out mice and rats from eating their food. There are plenty of people who have the goats in their house for the first few months. But you could put them outside if you feel comfortable.

·
Registered
628 Posts
hardware cloth or chicken wire nailed to bridge the gaps in the wood.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would use chicken wire to fill any cracks. The weasels shouldn't bother them, but you never know.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
10,704 Posts
When I had my bottle baby, I slept on the floor with him. Last year I slept in the barn as my doe was in labor. This year my little sister slept in the barn to watch over Busy Bee and her quads.

So no, not weird. ;) But I think they should be okay.

·
Super Moderator
14,498 Posts
I agree with kw. If you have old chicken wire I would say go for it, but to spend more money for small holes, I wouldnt. With mice and rats, they will get in if they want to, no stopping them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts