Preference on website -

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Oct 27, 2008.

1. only the names listed and click on the name of the doe or buck to see a picture and all information

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. to be able to see picture of dam and sire and click on name to go to page with more info on the anim

9.1%
  3. have all information right there on the breeding page

81.8%
  4. other suggestions - please place in the thread.

9.1%
  1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Which of the following do you prefer.

Thanks all!

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Its a personal preference really, on the breeding table I like to have pics of the doe and the buck with their names, the due date, and kid prices.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    goathappy,

That is what I tend to like also. Cause I personally hate going to a site and then going all over when trying to look at a breeding schedule - but that is personal preference as you mentioned.

I am thinking of not using a table and just doing each one individually with the chosen sire - what do you think?

4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I chose option two.

When looking for a goat to buy, for example, I think people would like to see what they look like, to see characteristics or breed, and if they are curious or interested enough in that one, they can then click on it for more info. Having all of the information on every goat all on one page would get way too cluttered and then it wouldn't look as good.

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    what sarah said :greengrin:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thanks all -

Now, in a "spreadsheet format" or in sections where the two pics are side by side with minimal information (prices, names with links, and due date) below?

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    What do you mean by a spreadsheet format? Sorry, I'm blonde today :)

If you want to put less pics on a page, you could have separate tables for each buck. Say all the does getting bred to a certain buck get a table of their own, with his pic at the top. That way you cut down on the amount of pictures on the page.

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I like Goathappys idea.

But as she said earlier - personal preferance. Pictures are good though.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I guess I ment more like on my website under breeding pen - it is more like a table with the info (don't have the links up at the moment) or just listed seperately like one breeding per paragraph.

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    The way my 2009 schedule is, is the way I like schedules. I have a photo of the dam, photo of the sire, due date, prices and reservations. You can run your mouse over the dam's photo to see her udder. If you like what you see, you can click her photo and go to her page for more info. I also keep a small pedigree link right with the reservations so people can see what lines the kid will be coming from, similiarites etc. Apparently a lot of people like this as I've gotten numerous compliments about it lately.

11. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I picked the second option. It makes it MUCH easier when looking at websites, and I also did it on my website. Here is a link to my Breeding Schedule that I used (there is no link to it on my site anymore): http://hollowbeadranch.com/breedingschedule.htm

Keep in mind that it is an OLD breeding schedule that I used! But it could give you some ideas maybe :shrug: Hope it helps! :greengrin: