The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't separated my 2 month old mini nubian bucks from the rest of the herd yet. It's complicated. Soon though.
Anyway. I have a Sannen/Nigerian doe that has recently started her udder. Very tiny and lopsided. I haven't seen the bucklings try to breed her, and even if they did, she wouldn't be far enough along to be starting an udder.
I thought of precocious udder and mastitis so I milked her out. Milk on the big side, water in the small. Maybe mastitis?
She is a year and a half old, never been bred. Any ideas?
Vertebrate Leg Mammal Organism Fawn
Vertebrate Dog breed Mammal Fawn Terrestrial animal

Sent from my SM-A115U using Goat Forum mobile app

·
Registered
560 Posts
In my experience from dealing with goats that aren’t separated, I would have to say that it is rare that 2 month old bucklings get a doe pregnant... I usually separate my boys after they are 4 months old.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will test for mastitis. I just don't get why one side has normal looking milk and the other side has yellow liquid. No swelling or discomfort. No oder either. If it's precocious udder, wouldn't both sides have milk?

Sent from my SM-A115U using Goat Forum mobile app

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,696 Posts
Defiantly do the test. Could be precocious udder but I honestly have no clue, I would not think they would have bred her but it is possible

·
Administrator
85,596 Posts
Yep, tomorrow mastitis treatment.
Infuse it into the teat.

For big udders or really tough cases, I would use the full tube up there.
Be very clean use diluted iodine or other to clean her up, then dry her udder, milk her out, then repeat the cleaning, then insert tomorrow.

Do it every 12 hours until it is gone.
Milk her completely out before doing so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts