The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i've had my nigies for 4 or 5 years and i've never had a problem with telling if they are preggers or not. this year i had two does gain like they were pregnant, but they weren't so i rebred them and now i am unsure if they are preggers again. how doyou use the "pooch test" i mean what exactly are you looking for? i usually go by weight gain and measurements but after they both didnt take the last time, i don't know what to do. could an xray work to determine pregnancy? :shrug:

sarah

SDK Nigerians and Boers
http://www.superduperkids.bravehost.com

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
If by xray you mean ultra sound, ultra sounds usually only work when the goat is 60 days pregnant at least. They do have a blood pregnancy test from a company in ID called BioPyrn, their website is http://www.biotracking.com/

for pooch test, its really hard to explain, if you have pictures of their rear end that would help.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Welcome to The Goat Spot :wave:

As to the pooch test -- you want to look to see if the anus tucked up under the tail - if it isn't that along with an elongated vulva and wrinkles usually indicates pregnancy.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
have you seen her go into heat? how old is she? has she ever been pregnant before? Have you seen her be bred and she just isn't settling? have you tried different bucks, yes does can like different bucks :roll:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm just waiting for my 4h leader(she's my vet) to come back down from sacramento.. sigh that woman is always somewhere! she'll help me take blood samples

do you think she's just to early along to tell if she's pregnant? i mean her mother doesn't show till the last month and a half and she doesn't fill up till around a week before.. this doe drives me nuts!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so i'm pretty sure that mac is pregnant. she's getting rounder and she's starting to get a little udder pooch. haha i'll try and get pictures tomorrow when my friends come to pick up their buck kid.

aurora still has me clueless as to her being preggers, she has 3 -4 weeks left and i still can't tell, but she hasn't jumped out of her pen like she usually does in heat so i have my fingers crossed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts