The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our doe Reddy is almost 4 months along and as of yesterday afternoon is breathing heavy...almost panting. This morning she is grinding her teeth some. She seems normal otherwise. (eating/drinking/peeing/pooping normal) Her temp is around 102-102.9 so that's normal. The weather has been pretty warm these last several days, and yesterday I noticed another of the does breathing heavy also. So maybe she is just warm from being so pregnant, too. But I am just concerned and don't want this to develop into something worse. Should I be concerned?

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Standing..... I haven't seen her chewing cud but almost never to unless I sneak up on her. :)

I was just out there and she isn't breathing heavy anymore. I did dribble water down her back and rub it in, so maybe that worked to cool her down.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not like it's all that warm out... 55 degrees? I still don't understand why she seemed to be breathing heavy. The other goat that was breathing heavy/panting is the one she snuggles with when she lies down, so maybe they were heating each other up too much.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh geez.... that's scary. She did have the once PMH nasal thing so I'm hoping she doesn't have pneumonia. But I'll definitely keep a close eye on her.

She was breathing heavy since yesterday afternoon... so I don't think it was from her being too frisky. I was super surprised to walk in and STILL see her breathing heavy this morning.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they do! She was breathing heavy again at feeding last night and so was her little buddy. So I put Reddy in her own stall to keep her from snuggling with her buddy... at least until the cold weather sets in this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.