Pregnant Boer. Due around Jan 14th

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Tiffany Valdez, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Goat breeding

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Kidding

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Tiffany Valdez

Tiffany Valdez Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Colorado
    Hello, I have a couple of questions.
    1. My boer was exposed on August 19- 22, as to what buck owner has told me. I took my does to her around Aug 15 and they stayed there intill Aug 30. One of the two does aborted her baby due to idk. But she is fine and healthy. Other doe she has me quesaing... Jan 6 th she started to kick around and make her nest, started to pant, and she was up and down, Do goats get Braxton Hicks? Like humans?? We took out for a walk and she was fine the next day. She had clear mucus discharge for the next week and still mucus today. Jan 12 same thing we take for normal walks everyday. All my goats get there walk in. Even the billy. Yesterday we noticed her tail is soaked... splashing all over when I go and check. White mucus with very light tan is sticking out. So I went to watching her constantly every two hours. Today she is just laying there.... chilling... can some one help with a better due date then what I was given? She is pregnant and has two sacks because of ultrasound. The photos are starting off from Saturday- up intill yesterday. The ones in field and by my other goats are starting off Saturday, the ones in red pen enclosed pen are from two days ago.

Attached Files:

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    On a150 day pregnancy..you doe would deliver Jan 16- 19. So to me..her body is preparing for kidding. Stretching, mucus, is normal. Is this her first? Ive had a doe go 160 days...some 145. Just watch her. The pawing, then getting up. Pawing then laying down...is a pretty good sign they in labor. But alot of amber colored discharge means she is getting close.

3. Tiffany Valdez

Tiffany Valdez Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Colorado
    Thanks, this is her first year. She will be two Easter Day this year. She very loose and tail ligaments are no longer there.

4. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Just keep checking on her. The amber goo means babies are coming. Especially if you see a bubble. Watch for the hooves.

5. Tiffany Valdez

Tiffany Valdez Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Colorado
    Thanks! Appreciate it

MadHouse likes this.
  6. JML Farms

JML Farms Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2020
    Booger County Texas
    Yea, you are definitely close. I would think any day now, and surely no more than a week. Be sure to give her lots of extra nutrition for those babies!

7. Tiffany Valdez

Tiffany Valdez Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Colorado
    Yes, she has her own grain, minerals loose, she loves kale and lettuce so I always have that in the goats fridge. So now I just wait. She loves to be with me. She was always attached to me since she was small.

8. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
  9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. Tiffany Valdez

Tiffany Valdez Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Colorado
    Thanks everyone!! No babies yet.

11. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    How is it going with her? Any babies yet?

12. Tiffany Valdez

Tiffany Valdez Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Colorado
    Hey no babies yet, I will go back out in 30 min just to do regular nightly check. Baby is moving around though. You can feel him/her kicking

13. Tiffany Valdez

Tiffany Valdez Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Colorado
    We had babies today. I wasn’t there when it happen... figures! But mom and babies are good. She had two, one male and one female.

Attached Files:

14. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Congratulations! They look great

15. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Aww! Congratulations on two healthy babies!

16. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Thats the way it goes....sometimes! They are just gorgeous! Mom did a good job. They are here...healthy..and now You can Spoil them ! Congrats!

Tiffany Valdez and MadHouse like this.
  17. bisonviewfarm

bisonviewfarm Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Congratulations the baby's are adorable!

18. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Congratulations cute kids, I’ll bet you’re thrilled.

19. JML Farms

JML Farms Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2020
    Booger County Texas
    Good job! Glad all went well.

20. Tiffany Valdez

Tiffany Valdez Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Colorado
    Ohhh man! I was excited. I went to go check on the momma and she was there with both of them!! Both are eating off the momma. Believe it or not, I cried I was so happy!