The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pregnant yearling doe. I don’t know her due date, but it should be within the next month or so. Last week I noticed she had some blood on her vulva and tail. I figured she would miscarry. She continued to have a small amount of blood for a few days, never went in labor, no illness, eats fine, acts totally normal. I inspected her pen daily expecting to eventually find a aborted fetus, but it never happened. Now the blood has stopped, she has a clean tail, and she’s beginning to build an udder. Anyone have this happen before?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yes, years ago I had a doe that got tremendously swollen and bled for a couple of day on two separate occasions during her pregnancy. I figured she’d aborted, but she kidded normally, so never did figure out what was going on!

That being said, does can still think they are pregnant after aborting and build an udder etc. However, I guess it’s probably ruled out if you didn’t find a fetus-it’d be pretty big at around 4 months along.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, definitely blood, even smeared some on walls and the wooden spool she likes to lay on. Well that’s encouraging to hear yours kidded! Guess we will see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts