The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a pregnant doe that laid down and moaned this evening...she acts like she has a bellyache. I gave her pepto and probios. She is a very healthy goat and we know it isn't worms so we are assuming it is just a stomach ache? Any suggestions?

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,457 Posts
If she is in her last month of pregnancy, moaning is very normal. :) ALL of my does moan in their last month... we do give baking soda though, and keep a close eye to make sure it doesn't mean something other than being uncomfortable. :)

I have a doe who is only a month bred who moans all the times when she lies down... I know she's not sick, just likes to act pitiful!

·
Super Moderator
14,810 Posts
Is she big with kids??? I have a giant doe due any day now and the last month she has been groaning while she lays down. Next time she lays down what her for a few minutes and see if she chews her cud. Chewing cud is a sign of a happy relaxed goat. The baking soda will not hurt what so ever if she doe end up being fine.

·
Super Moderator
14,810 Posts
Is she Nubian??? Lol those suckers groan all the time. My first goat was a Nubian and I heard her groan one night and thought she was dying....spent the whole cold with her night with her lol
But seriously if she is acting totally fine don't stress just keep a eye on her till she has you convinced ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is she Nubian??? Lol those suckers groan all the time. My first goat was a Nubian and I heard her groan one night and thought she was dying....spent the whole cold with her night with her lol
But seriously if she is acting totally fine don't stress just keep a eye on her till she has you convinced ;)
I have one Nubian who moans all the time. There is nothing wrong with her, she is just a moaner.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes she is Nubian. I have another pregnant Nubian who doesn't moan at all so I wasn't sure what was going on! She is perfectly fine this morning...I guess we will just call her Ms. Drama from now on :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts