The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Carissa
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help, one of our boer does was moved tonight from the field to the kidding barn. We believe one of the other does with her got her good with her horns and now she has a hard lump underneath her belly, in front of her udder. She also has superficial tears to her vulva and her udder. She is breathing fast like she's in labor. When I felt the lump which is the size of a football it was hard and honestly to me it felt like a kid in there because it moved when I gently pushed up. Mom did not seem distressed when I checked her out but she is breathing fast. Does anyone have any advice? The closest goat vet is just over 2 hrs away. TIA

Carissa

·
Carissa
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on doe; her breathing has calmed down and the lump appears smaller and is a more squishy now. Will she be ok in labor?

·
14,734 Posts
Oh wow, that is scary! I hope your doe is okay. Never had that happen to a pregnant doe, but we did have a doe get horned in that same area last year about a month after she kidded, and got a huge lump. We thought for sure it was a hernia, but turns out it was just an injury, guessing possibly to her milk gland on her belly because the contents smelled like old, sour milk and sure looked like it too! I also think that area bruises and swells super easy.

I'd post pics, and keep a close eye on her. Hopefully she's fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts