The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pregnant doe that has a temp of 104.1. Is that normal? If not then what should i do?

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
104.1 is slightly high
is it very hot where your at? was she in the sun? when is she due to kid? is she acting like she dont feel well??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know when she is due. Our bucks got in with all of our does. It has been anywhere from 95-105 here. She is acting perfectly normal.

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
I would retake her temp this eveing when temps drop some..see if it wasnt raised do to the sun...
so she is eating, drinking, active, bright eye and alert...pooping berries, peeing just fine and chewing a cud?
is she beginning to show her pregnancy? building an udder? What made you decide to take her temp?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well we are having trouble keeping goats alive. They keep getting barber-pole and pneumonia. So i decided to take her temp along with a couple other goats. Their temps where fine. She is REALLY wide. And not like she ate alot. She is just wide. She does have an udder but she also has a kid that she is weaning.

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
Ok...good idea to keep a close watch....;)
If she is heavy bred, and the kid is about 3 months old, I would pull her kid off her...Its good to give mom a 2 month break before kidding to build her udder recoup and prepare for her new kids..the last two month they kids really take alot from mom.
for peunomia:
Watch for runny eyes and snotty noses...watch for one standing off by herself,,head hung, tail tucked, off feed, continue you temperature watch if anyone looks off at all..Have antibiotic ready to treat..

Best wishes : )

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
otc choice would be tylan 200....not LA 200 since she is pregnant..
if you can get Nuflor from the vet that would be even better..: )

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
Dimethox or sulmet are both good OTC choices...1 cc per 5# day one and 1 cc per 10# day 2-5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts