The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first breeding season so I have lots of questions! I only have two does that are bred so far. What do I need to do specifically for them? Like when should I deworm and what should I use for that? Any shots that they need? Just post your routine for pregnant does from the time you breed until kidding please!!

·
2,203 Posts
This is my first breeding season so I have lots of questions! I only have two does that are bred so far. What do I need to do specifically for them? Like when should I deworm and what should I use for that? Any shots that they need? Just post your routine for pregnant does from the time you breed until kidding please!!
I like to give Bo-Se and MultiMin prior to breeding and once again after they take, and once more after they kid (or at least Selenium paste and vit b complex). I also like to give the annual CD&T booster in the spring, so everybody gets them at once. I do not deworm while pregnant, as we typically only worm when needed and don't seem to have many issues in that aspect. We also taper off grain intake to just daily ration by the time we dry off and they breed. Once bred, they still get daily ration plus a little extra. Around the 3rd month in we start feeding more again and slowly increase grain until we're feeding a lactating ration when they kid. This provides does with the energy they need while the kids are growing so they don't rob mom of nutrients and make her ill. It also makes a smoother transition on them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I get any of the things you mentioned at tractor supply company? That's the only feed store around here...I can order the stuff online if you can tell me where to get it! Thanks!!

·
2,203 Posts
Vitamin B complex, calcium, dextrose, selenium gel, and CD&T can be found at TSC.

Need to get Bo-Se, MultiMin via prescription.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts