Pregnant FF with a newbie momma

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by bree_turpin, Apr 27, 2014.

1. bree_turpin

bree_turpin New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    So guys I have only had goats for about a year and my doe Jane is pregnant. She started bagging up 3 days ago so I moved her to a kidding stall. She is normally very flighty she was damn raised and could care less if I existed unlike my other two but tonight she has hollowed out and comes over as I'm sitting in her stall and starts licking me. She's never done this before. She also is rubbing her head and pushing it into the stall wall something she has never done. Along with biting at her sides. I was wondering if you guys might think she is close to labor her cochie has opened up some and she has had a little discharge. She is now tearing up the feed pan like never before. Should I keep watch tonight or do you guys think she's just beig weird?

2. shirley

shirley Member

Apr 11, 2014
    It does sound like she is getting close. I am also a newbie goat mommy,mine FF will be kidding for her first time soon. Those are all the signs and symptoms ive been told to wait for.

3. canyontrailgoats

canyontrailgoats New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    western montana
    I think she'll be giving you babies sometime tonight , so keep an eye on her :).
    Good luck!

4. bree_turpin

bree_turpin New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Thanks guys I think she's starting she has layed down and is acting like she is trying to push or something straining and throwing her head back between nibbles of hay.... Guess it's gonna be a long night cross or fingers for a beautiful healthy baby if she does I'll post pics

5. Woody_Glen_Farm

Woody_Glen_Farm New Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Asheville, NC
    Ooh can't wait to hear! Happy kidding!

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. bree_turpin

bree_turpin New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    No kids last night or yet today she confuses me.... But she is starting to hollow out even more and her teats are filling so hopefully this rain will kick her butt into gear I'm so stinking excited and inpatient

8. shirley

shirley Member

Apr 11, 2014
    ;) fingers crossed! The wait is the worst part. Prayers for a fast easy healthy delivery :