The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goat will have her babies soon! I can't tell when because her mucus plug came out last night but she still has not settled down! Nor has she had her babies? What do I do? She hasn't bagged up a whole bunch either.

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
exciting time for you...Pre kidding stuff can take a while...what you want to look for is a very shiny, full and tight udder...her bum parts will be baggy and her belly will be under her instead of on her side...
after her plug is lost ( the white mucus) As Stacy said , can be a month before kidding...in mean time, watch for other signs, prepare your supplies..clean her kidding stall, read all you can to prepare for what ever will come,...remain calm and don't forget to breath...even if this is her first time...she knows what to do..

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
My goat will have her babies soon! I can't tell when because her mucus plug came out last night but she still has not settled down! Nor has she had her babies? What do I do? She hasn't bagged up a whole bunch either.
Take a deep breath and relax. Bagging up is not a good indicator of kidding as a number of expectant moms don't bag up or become strutted until right before or at the time of kidding. The best indication of imminent kidding with my girls is their belly will drop, they will become hollowed out in front of their hip bones, and they will have a thick, opaque white to light cream discharge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts