The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,663 Posts
Does she have a fish tale? Does she have a red tinge to her color where she she should be black? (The ladder is if she has black on her) If she does have a copper deficiency and a worm load... I would worm her first, and then copper bolus her in about a week. Then do worming if needed on week 3. The only wormer that I know that shouldn't be used on pregnant animals is valbason (?) I normally use the positive pellets for my does...., but depending on her worm load you may need to a stronger one... You can order copper boluses at Jeffers supply.

· Registered
7,663 Posts
If I understand correctly, that sometimes their system can be so copper deficient like my girl their systems can't fight worm loads... I know with my girl after the copper bolus she came around in good shape, and I wormed her a couple weeks later and she's 95% percent better.. Even though I wormed her before, it really didn't do much good until the copper got in there... It makes sense, that is what I was told anyway, but not sure if it's accurate;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.