The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away this weekend , and my dad was taking care of my goats, including my pregnant one. I suspect he was feeding them corn instead of the feed I usually give them. I am sure that is the cause of her stringy rectal discharge, but would their be any other causes? She is eating and drinking, so I'm not to worried.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that is whats going on, how would i treat that? And it actually got better, I took a pic of her going #2, and there was no more stringy stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Before I would jumped to any conclusions ! I would talk with your dad and be sure what he actually did feed your goats and pregnant doe ? I am not so sure that corn would cause that kind of issue unless he gave them an extra large amount. Changing feed usually causes some change in the stool/poop but it is usually more of a cow patty style of interference than stringy stuff. So check with him. But glad she is eating and seems to be back to normal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before I would jumped to any conclusions ! I would talk with your dad and be sure what he actually did feed your goats and pregnant doe ? I am not so sure that corn would cause that kind of issue unless he gave them an extra large amount. Changing feed usually causes some change in the stool/poop but it is usually more of a cow patty style of interference than stringy stuff. So check with him. But glad she is eating and seems to be back to normal.
Thank you! Yeah, I'm a worry wart about my animals. She did have some dry smeared cow patty like poop on one of her haunches. I will go out and make sure she is still doing well. I haven't fed them corn in a while, I do remember it can upset their stomach a little bit. Thank you I'm glad shes eating too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts