The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help please, I need advice! @Mariarose,@toth boer goats,@ anyone
My doe Sybil has lice. I noticed her itching the other day but didn't think much of it. This morning she was really chewing on herself so I took her outside for a better look and she has lice.

She's probably 21/2 to 3 months along. So I'm concerned about what's safe for the babies!
What should I use? I have ivermectin, ivermectin pour on and cydectin on hand. Right now she's kept in the house at night since she's really being bullied ... I didn't want her rammed and to lose the babies.

Hopefully the new barn will be finished this week so we have another stall for her but until then this is the only way to protect her.

Thank in advance for the help.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will,
In the interum, I did use ivermectin pour on on her (2.5cc's ) she's about 60-65lbs.
She's not itching as much now and is acting fine. I hope I did the right thing.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes, thank goodness for Ultra Boss. That stuff works, and I just contacted the manufacturer the other day about using it on pregnant does. It's safe.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I think Cylence is pretty safe. I haven't used it on pregnant goats, but I used it on young kids. I know it's safe for lactating animals. I researched it before using it on my young Nigerian kids last year and recall it being the option I felt safest with. It worked great.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have been using ivermectin pour on, poured on, for any of my goats for external parasites for years. It works. It is safe for preggos and even babies.
Thank you that eased my mind. Its important to me to give my babies the best care I can but still being newer to goats I'm always second guessing myself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts