Pregnant goat

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by loveallanimals, Mar 17, 2010.

1. loveallanimals

loveallanimals New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    So im new here and love reading all the baby announcements. But just had to join to try and get some advise on one of my girls, I dont know due date at all for her. She has been bagging up and has had a white discharge off and on for the past month. Im really worried about when she will kid I am going to be gone friday and saturday and was wondering if someone could give me some insight about does she look like she could deliver that soon. Or am I just worrying over nothing. I have a couple of pics im going to attempt to put up here but they arent the best. Any advice is appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    First of all, Welcome. :wave: Glad you joined us.

If you could get a picture of her butt, we could get a little better idea. Now of course we can not tell you the exact date.

Is this your first kidding? Do you have all the supplies and numbers in case you need to call someone? Good Luck

4. loveallanimals

Mar 16, 2010
    Thanks for the links. I have checked for ligaments but I dont know if I am doing it right or not. She has kidded two times before first was single and second was twins. Both times she really didnt give any real signs she ate normally and acted the same her udder didnt get huge, the only thing was about 2 hours before she had them she went off by herself. I only have 3 female goats so we dont have babies too often, And I was just getting a little nervous with me being gone. I have had the supplies ready and out there from the time I started seeing the discharge, every day I think maybe we are almost there I guess she is just gonna make me go crazy waiting. I will try to get some better pictures she is not the most tame of goats so I dont know how it will go.
    Oh btw thanks for the welcome I love reading here lots of very good information

5. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    The best time to get a "pooch" shot is at feeding time. get behind the goat as shes eating and quickly snap a picture.

6. loveallanimals

Mar 16, 2010
    sorry things just got a little busy around here after I posted this one of our other goats gave birth very unexpectedly to a big boy and she had a rather hard time but is doing well. This goat gave birth on wednesday to twins! a boy and a girl and they are adorable!! The pics I got of the twins did not turn out very well at all I will have to get some new ones but here is the first boy.
    [​IMG]

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the new additions :D

8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Awww cute buckling.... can't wait to see the twins! :)

9. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I like how he is all black with that little bit of white on his front leg.

10. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    What a cute baby! Congratulations and welcome!