The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe that is at 900epg and is pregnant. Her pen mate just kidded yesterday. So she isn't too far away from her. Her ligaments have by no means changed and she seems to just be getting a bigger belly. She is a first timer so its hard to tell.

i treated her with safeguard and no luck.. her count just went up from 800epg on the 19th of April and now she is up to 900epg today.

I am hesitant to treat with cydectin as a get different answers whether to use it or not.

Ivermectin seems to be resistant in my area along with the safeguard. I also has a bad worm problem last september and my whole herd was very high. I dont want to be in the same boat with my babies sick.

Her flamacha score is around a 3-2 and she doesn't seem to be acting sick.

Should i stick it out until kidding she may not be due until end of may or june.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi I'm very interested in the path you take here... I had a similar issue worm count in fecal was over 2000 in ours and one got very sick the other was acting normal I gave safeguard twice and it lowered the count to 400 but shot back up in weeks. after they kidded I gave them a dose of prohibit and they are doing much better but im sending out a fecal to confirm this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts