The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Is it just me, or does anyone else think this scenario is common this year?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Good luck today, I hope you come back with positive results!
As for my doe, I am not excluding the possibility that she is pregnant after all, but most likely she is not. I am going to have a blood test done next month.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Here was the ultrasounds from today. I am pretty sure Rey is pregnant. She is 37 days today I think. Rosie is just 30 days and FAT so it is tough to get a good ultrasound on her. I may pull blood on them too just to make sure if they are pregnant or not. But thought I would post the ultrasounds here.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKPhfoeyAEiaNU72SmdX0aviNllJDuGTr

·
Registered
3,487 Posts

·
I'm watching you
22,150 Posts
It's absolutely possible. In wild goat herds the favorite does of the buck will continue coming into heat or at least acting like it to prevent the too young does from being bred.
They will make sure to take up the buck's attention not letting him near the young ones lol.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Sorry to hear that :(.
I am having my doe blood tested this week. I expect her to be negative as well, but want to be sure, since I am currently still milking her.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Update on the ultrasound:
So we bred her, then 3 weeks later she went into heat for a few hours. Then she missed this past heat.
We ultrasounded her yesterday and she is pregnant! 2 maybe 3 babies. Ill add some pictures.
20210210_174001.jpg
20210210_174021.jpg
20210210_174028.jpg
20210210_174028_1.jpg
20210210_174032.jpg

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Wellll I have bad news!
Both girls blood tests were negative! So no false heats. And back to the bucks they go. Ugh July babies!!
I'm sorry to hear your girls weren't pregnant. :(

I got pregnancy test results back today and fully expected three positives and one negative (naughty Mocha!). Instead I got back four positives! Yay!! So Mocha took after all. However, I have no idea what heat cycle it was. She seemed to cycle once or twice more after I wethered the bucks, so it could have been any of the three breedings. I guess we'll find out which one "took" when she kids. I wrote down three dates for her, and unless she delivers smack in between them I should know which sire got the job done. I put her with different bucks on different dates, hoping she'd take to one of them.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts