Pregnant ND/ mix need advice.

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Eazypeezy88, Jul 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    Hi, I'm new here. Been reading the forums and decided to sign up and ask my own questions.
    I'm new to breeding goats but had some growing up. I got 2 ND/pygmy mix does the beginning of the year. I got a buck and he was with them from February 8th to the 22 and then he left the property. The 1st doe I eas flagging and i saw the act several times the 13th of Feburary. The 2nd Doe started flagging around the end of the bucks stay but i didn't actually witnessed them.
    Ive read miniatures are due 145 days, so i used the day i seen Doe 1 standing for him and got july 8th as her due date. Doe 2 i figured would be sometime soon after. So ive been freaking because the are both 1st time freasheners and doe 1 is 10 days over. I got some lute on hand incase I need it, but i talked to a family friend who has raised NDs and said 150days and she didn't get concerned about hers until 160 days. So part of my question is when should I get concerned? And what amount of days is the normal range in your experience.
    I'm also concerned because i will be working everyday this week except 1 and being 1st timers I'm scared they will have issues and I won't be there. She seems fine other than being as wide as she is tall. Ive been feeling for ligaments but im not exactly sure what I'm feeling, so I'm trying to go with when my fingers can touch near the base of the tail or the area becomes indented, which neither is. Her sack is very large and fairly tight but doesn't look shiny. Teets are huge. I'm wondering if and when I should consider using lute on her? If i should consider doing it the day before my day off so i can be around and what are ppls experiences with it?
    Thank you all. I'm one stressed Momma right now!

Attached Files:

2. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    The first doe could have also done a quick cycle.... 5ish days later and was bred then. Her girl bits are not puffy yet and her udder while full is not super tight and shiny yet and the kids have not dropped. I would not lute her because you do NOT want preemies. You count the last day the buck was in with them as day one even though you saw the act being done. He was still in there and she may have just not taken that first round of business. Be patient. ;). Since she IS huge i would watch her closely and try my dangdest to be there when she kids... even if that means taking days off work. She may need help with tangled kids.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Just because you saw a breeding happen, doesn't mean she got pregnant. You have to use the last day he was in with them. You don't actually have a due date, you have a due range of dates.

4. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    More than likely she will have no birthing problems. This is a natural process, trust in God. Be prepared and knowledgeable, but try your best to not be anxious. I have had some Nigerians go at 160 days. A lot of does kid at night. Have you seen any kicking on the right side?

toth boer goats likes this.
  5. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    Thanks for the replys! Using last date with the buck for both girls would mean the 16th was 145 days and today is 150. My main concern was the size of the kids and this being thier first time kidding. I was worried about being at work too but I'm a Substitute mail carrier and they found other coverage for work. I'm just going to see how it goes. If they are still pregnant this weekend I'll reevaluate luting them. Hoping for a smooth natural delivery. Ill keep you all posted! Thanks again!

Ashlynn likes this.
  6. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    I had a doe go over day 155 with triplets and they were really nice sizes. Your doe looks like she's holding 3-4 kids hostage in there so give them a bit of time to cook and get to a decent size. I would think she has less than 72 hours left but I'm really just guessing!

7. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV

8. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    I'm thinking 2 but more would be awesome.

9. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    Also this pic was taken over a week ago

10. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

And give us a new pic pls.