Pregnant? Pooch Test Please *updated Pictures*

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Goat Crazy, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Her pooch looks like she is pregnant to me but........I got her from a lady who does not own a buck or have close neighbors that have one, and she even told me when i got her that she wasn't bred this year, so I could breed her to my buck.
    This doe was in with a wether that banded my self last year, if one of the testicles slipped back do you think he could have gotten her? He doesn't smell at all and I have never seen him pee on him self or acted buckish.

She has started udder growth, so if she's pregnant she has maybe 6 weeks left. Her belly isn't tight or closer to the ground and I don't feel any kids, but I may just have to wait a couple of more weeks to see if I can feel a kid.

Attached Files:

2. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Re: Pregnant? Pooch Test Please

Here's a picture taken 2 days before her first kidding.

Attached Files:

3. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

What are the signs of a false pregnancy? The only male goat she was expose to was her wethered son! Do wethers mount does at all? I talked to the lady who gave her to me and she said that he was *riding* her. Her belly isn't as big as when she was pregnant last year with twins, I don't usually go by belly size, but could she be having a false pregnancy?

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Sorry, those pictures are not clear enough for me to tell.

Do you know if the wether was banded? In other words, did they bet both the testicles?

5. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

I banded him my self when he was 4-6 weeks old, I am pretty sure I got both testicales, but it was only the second time I have ever banded so maybe one slipped back up? Would he smell like a buck if that happened and would he still be able to breed her?

6. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Bumping new pictures:)

7. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    Looks pg to me.
    Seems a nut slipped back up. It is real easy to do. Sometimes a buck won't smell bucky his first season.

8. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Do you think if that happened, that he could still produce?

9. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

From her size and udder developement I will roughly guess she's around 3 months along. I would try bumping her for kids.

10. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I did bump her a couple of times and I didn't feel anything. I think she is more toward 3.5 4 months because of the udder development. I am really beganning to think she is having a false pregnancy she doesn't feel like a pregnant goat she's to squishy.

11. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    Yes, he could still produce viable sperm.
    She may only have a single.

12. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    She must:) I guess I'll have to wait till I can feel a kid or she kids to find out. If th wether is not really a wether wouldn't he act buckish to my other does? I only had him in with them for a few mintues and he show no intrest in them at all hmm...maybe hes shy. Im guessing the only way to get him re-wethered would be to have a vet do it surgically?

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Can you feel a testicle? When I bought my first wether, they only got one testicle, and he never ever acted like a buck or smelled like one. I did have to have him surgically fixed.

We never new he had it until we were in a show and the judge felt it. :shocked:

14. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    No, I haven't. Not sure I want to even try to feel for it. :oops:

15. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    Were any of the other does in heat? Bucks normally go for the one in heat, though some bucks will nail anything on 4 legs that will stand still long enough.

16. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I not sure, I don't keep track of heats and I don't really note it in the summer unless they are being annoying. I think one of the girls might be in heat today though...... He's on quarantine until all signs of his lice/mites ( thats another story) are gone though.
    My buck will nail anyone who stand for him :roll:

Last year I tried to record all the girls heat patterns. I would catch the in heat watch them everyday, they would hit 18days then 22 still no signs of heat and then around 30+ days from their last heat they're in heat. So, I gave up, every other heat is like a silent heat and I just can't catch them.