Pregnant Pygmy Goat???

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by littlegoat, May 8, 2010.

1. littlegoat

littlegoat New Member

May 8, 2010
    Hello. I'm new to the goat world. I recently received a female pygmy goat :leap: . The woman who I got her from told me that she was probably pregnant because she had been with a billy for quite some time. I have had her for two months now and have no idea how to tell if she really is. I have attempted to check her ligaments several times but I don't know what I am doing :GAAH: . I have also been looking at the information on the pooch test and that confused me just as much since I have nooo idea what I'm looking for :shrug: .

I have taken several pictures of her and was wondering if anyone could help me determine if she is pregnant or not, and if anyone has any tips for me!

Thanks a ton!

By the way this forum is pretty much amazing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I can only say, she could be :)

3. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

If she is pregnant, she isn't far enough along for the ligs to be softening as she doesn't seem to be having any udder growth going on . . . . course I'm not quite sure because of all that fur...
    she is quite wide, even for a pigmy . . . . and I am not quite sure enough about the pooch to post what I think ..... someone else who knows better will post soon, lol. ;)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she does look to be possibly bred -- we can check again in a month with these pictures to compare to see if there are any noticeable changes

5. littlegoatsucks

littlegoatsucks New Member

May 9, 2010
    well the only way to know for sure is to taste the urine.. if you taste fur then it is pregnant. also examine the poop look for small pieces of okra seeds

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    um dude no one is going to taste the urine of a animal that is disgusting

7. littlegoat

littlegoat New Member

May 8, 2010
    Thank you all for your help! I'll take more pictures in a month and compare!
    :cool:

8. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    ditto

she's a very cute doe!!! :love:

9. littlegoat

littlegoat New Member

May 8, 2010
    okay so it's been about a month and there have been some definite changes... she has utters now but we've heard that, that could be a result of her being fat?? let me know what you think!! :)

here are the pooch test pictures!

1 month ago:
    [​IMG]

today:
    [​IMG]

1 month ago:
    [​IMG]

today:
    [​IMG]

Thanks sooo much for all the help!!!!

10. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I would say yes to her being prego.

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh yes!! And I suspect with the size of her udder you will be seeing babies within the next month to 6 weeks.

Do you know if the buck she was in with was a pygmy as well?

12. zoomom

zoomom New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    She is very cute - the face pics anyway :)

13. littlegoat

littlegoat New Member

May 8, 2010
    Yes, the buck that she was with was a little white pygmy... But she was with multiple other bucks for a few weeks before we got her, but she was with the pygmy buck for at least a month before that. So if she pops within a month then the kids will be fathered by a pygmy for sure!

But yay! I'm excited! Thank you all for your help!

14. HANNAHTHEHORSE

HANNAHTHEHORSE New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    i am having the same problem with my doe! by the way this is a question... we got our doe about 3 months ago . latly her udders have grown HUGE and shes definetly fatter then when we got her... she DID live with other goats but is now with just a fixed boy. please help me tell if she is pregnant! thanks!

15. HANNAHTHEHORSE

Apr 22, 2013
    :confused: please help me tell! i am really confused

16. Jodi_berg

Jodi_berg Goat Mom

Oct 28, 2012
    Vermont

Ummmm yuck,vomiting! How bout a blood test instead!

17. Wlschwallenberg

Wlschwallenberg New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Maryland
    She definitely looks bred to me.

18. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    This original thread is 3 years old. However, if she is making an udder then she is pregnant. Do you have pictures you can put up? Why don't you start a new thread and put a picture of your doe up. If you are a newbie, we can help you through this.

19. HANNAHTHEHORSE

Apr 22, 2013
    to DI... we have not taken any pictures of her since we got her. her udder IS bigger and her stomach has grown a little since my last post. i do not think i could post pics. any time soon... sorry. and yes i am a newbie. i WILL try to post a pic. as soon as poss. thanks please reply DI! :D

20. HANNAHTHEHORSE

Apr 22, 2013
    so yes i can not put pics. up any time soon. she has never been bred that her owners and i know of but u never know. :confused: we r hoping shes pregnant and we have had her for about 3 and half to 4 months. we need to know for sure. but, if u look at the pics. of that grey/black goat whose owners r wondering if shes pregnant thats how big her belly is. her teats r a little bigger though. thats an example of her at [email protected]:cake::fireworks::D