The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my pregnant Pygora and 3 Nubian wethers got into the grain bag and ate a whole lot of it! I found them today and my doe seems out of it. The three little boys are not bloated and went after the hay immediatly. My little doe was laying down and not interested in food at all. The thing is I'm not sure when exactly she is due, I bought her pregnant and they said maybe November or December.

She has no appetite, which is not normal. She usually butts away the boys to get food. She has moved from corner to corner just standi g wth a far away look in her eyes. Her poop is solid and semi mushy, the boys is normal. However, I also noticed a few days ago her ligaments around her tail have softened (I think!) but it's hard to tell with all her fiber.

Does anyone have thoughts on if she is sick from too much grain, or possibly gettin ready for birth?! I just don't know what to do.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Our goats manage to do this on a regular basis. Darned escape artists. She may have eaten more and is just not hungry. As long as she is pooping ok and up and moving, I wouldn't get too worried. Maybe some baking soda to make sure everything is working ok? But I don't even do that. And, she may be ready to kid too. But I suck at telling when so my advice there is check on her for a few hours and then get a good nights sleep. LOL

·
14,456 Posts
As long as she isn't laying around grinding her teeth, is she bloated at all?
Make her some baking soda balls & be prepared to wear some of it.
The far away look could be she's positioning those kids.
Do keep us posted in both cases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts