Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by lori, Mar 16, 2010.

1. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    Hi everyone - I am new this year to the world of goats. I have two Nubians. One should be pregnant. I was told she probally was bred in November. I have tried the pooch test but I guess I don't understand the anus not under her tail because I have one that is not bred and she looks the same. I am posting a couple of pictures in the hopes you can offer some help. The picture of her udder is her standing on a slope so i was really only able to get one side. The picture of her tail up is without me holding it. Thank you
    i also have side and top pictures if needed

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome :wave:

has this doe kidded before?

im going to say yes by the fact that there is an udder starting.

3. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    No she has not been bred before. She has been streching - every time i go in the barn she is standing with a front legs on the cinder blocks which she never used to do. She also seems to be peeing a whole lot. I had a vet come out to give he a BoSe shot about 2 weeks ago and she squeezed her teet and a squirt of milk came out.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah she is pregnant then for sure

oh and dont touch the teats anymore -- they need to stay sealed so that no bacteria gets in causing mastitis.

5. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    Oh boy- thanks for the heads up, would have hope the vet knew that. When i was taking a picture i noticed a black dot at the tip of one. Thought it was dirt. Should i stick it in some type of cleaning solution

6. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    BTW - heres a face with Ella's private parts, show her a little respect.

7. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    oops

Attached Files:

• Ella.jpg
      Ella.jpg
      File size:
      52.5 KB
      Views:
  8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    its probably plugged back up again I just didnt want you to keep checking thats all. Its a common mistake but yah I would expect better from a vet.

very pretty girl she is

9. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    thank you - she is so SWEET!

10. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    She seems very uncomfortable. I have never seen her laying down and she is doing that and constantly standing on the cinder block. How long are they usually in that stage?thanks

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree that she does look preggy by her pooch as well as her udder...being bred sometime in November means that you'll have til the end of April to see kids, depending on when in November she was bred.

Being a first time mom, she'll be doing lots of odd things....it's as new to her as it is to you.

She is a very pretty girl!

12. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    thank you. I was told the does were with the bucks from 11/01 to 11/17. Does that mean I have to start watching her from 4/1 till the end. I have been trying to feel the ligaments but i don't think i'm doing it right. i compare her to the other doe and her tail head is lower and the whole area is generally softer. I already put a baby monitor down there.

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Depending on the day she was bred, she could deliver anytime from 3/26 to 4/16.....and the baby moniter is a good idea, I've used one for years!

14. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    that's around the date range i thoughgt but i'm getting really nervous that she may go early. Her privates are very red and all day today she has been pawing at the ground, getting up, laying down and then stretching her body.

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This could be totally normal preggy goat behavior, she's unconfortable, if you see a very bloody or rusty colored discharge then it warrants worry. :hug: I'm sure she'll be fine, she's just wanting to make you bald early :hair:

16. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    She had this stringy (excuse the french) kind of snot thing on her tail?

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Whitish to an off white opaque in color? If so, that would be her plug....some does will lose it anywhere from a month before delivery to the day of delivery..unless it's bloody looking there's no need to worry.

18. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    Opaque - thank you for the information