The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
How long have they been housed together? How old is she?
Could you get a little more zoomed-in pooch pic ? And one of her udder?

:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
One of my bucks seems to want to mate anything including the female Anatolian Shepherd dog that I have to watch over the goats. I am in my second year with goats but had a very prolific mating and kidding this spring. It seems buck will mate with anything that is ready from my experience. I was pretty surprised to see my dog, obviously in heat, just standing there and letting my buck mount her and go to town.

That being said, the tummy of that goat looks somewhat pregnant but its udder doesn't yet. It may be early along or not pregnant. Mine all started to bag up within the last month or so. Based on how I have seen goats breed, I would say she has probably been bred if you haven't separated them or done anything to stop them.

I just started out last year and had lots of issues with them getting through the fence. Preventing breeding was hopeless. Of course two of my does gave birth to twins during the coldest weeks in Feb. I was trying to avoid dead of winter births but ended up with two. The other one in the winter was a single and a total surprise. I suspected the mother was pregnant but had no idea when. She dropped the baby in the pasture and luckily it was one of the 70+ degree days.

Conor

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long have they been housed together? How old is she?
Could you get a little more zoomed-in pooch pic ? And one of her udder?

:)
They've been together for about 4 months now. I got them as 5month old babies. I'll try and get the pictures tomorrow. I'm working at the moment and her out at 11:30pm

·
Registered
13 Posts
How long have they been in the same pen goats breed only in the fall so and if she was breed in the fall she would have freshened a long time ago but it is posible to breed in the summer but highly unlikely

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long have they been in the same pen goats breed only in the fall so and if she was breed in the fall she would have freshened a long time ago but it is posible to breed in the summer but highly unlikely
The live in open pasture. I saw the buck peeing on his little beard a while back so idk if that had something with her being in heat

·
Registered
13 Posts
Um no i don't think a buck peeing on his berd has anything to do with her being in heat what I'd like to know is how long they have bean together and how much u feed her cause she does not look skinny but she might just have a little bit of fat on her

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh ok I was just reading the other replys you sent and found out that they have bean together for four months and that is mid summer my milking goats have been with my buck most of the summer to and I did not think twice about is so my answer is no i don't think she is pregnet

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea they are about the same age (9months old) the roam with 3 sheep. I noticed that they've been hanging out more lately. All 5 animals get 1 quart twice a day. They all eat together but the goats do bully the sheep around and get most of the grain because they have horns lol

·
1,983 Posts
Not true. Nigerians come into heat about every 18 days. My nubian and alpine come into heat every month!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
one of my bucks seems to want to mate anything including the female anatolian shepherd dog that i have to watch over the goats. I am in my second year with goats but had a very prolific mating and kidding this spring. It seems buck will mate with anything that is ready from my experience. I was pretty surprised to see my dog, obviously in heat, just standing there and letting my buck mount her and go to town.

Conor
so did the dog have goppies? Or kippies? Lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She looks open to me or very recently bred(like the last monthish).
She's getting round and just laying around more. She does seem to have her tits a little more swollen then when I first got her. I hope she doesn't kid in the winter or late fall /:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts