The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have acquired 5 out of my 6 goats from the same person. Bad idea on my part since all but one have been in bad bad shape. Last set was a mom and triplets. Lost two of the babies within a few hours of getting them home and lost the doe after a HORRIBLE fight to save her. My concern right now is the doe I got from them most recently. Cute tiny little Nigerian doe. She's 8 months old and they told me she might be pregnant but couldn't say for sure or when she'd be due. Is there anyway to tell ahead of time if she's pregnant? I'm concerned since she is so tiny( probably under 30lbs) and as far as I know, the only buck they have is a pure boer. I'd like to be able to be prepared if she is pregnant so hopefully I don't lose her or the kid(s). I'm kinda over digging holes.......

·
Registered
30,671 Posts
blood test to biotracking will confirm pregnancy and give you a close gestation period...its only $5...: )

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
How long have you had her? Do you have a vet? If she were mine, I would be talking to my vet about an ultrasound and, depending on what that shows, luting her. I have never used lute, nor am I a big believer in using lute, but it could prevent a whole lot of serious problems with this little girl.

·
Super Moderator
58,935 Posts
I agree with the others about talking to vet and having her ultrasounded or xray'd or do the blood test and possibly terminate the pregnancy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts