The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to goats and I just purchased 20 head of Boer goat a few weeks backs. A few days after I brought them to their new home They slowly began to get larger and larger. their left side is larger than the right and I can't tell if the vulvas are swollen. The trick is that some of them are still nursing and one is a nursing a bake just 3 1/2 weeks old. I will send photos if anyone out there can share information! Really need it so I Know if I need to build a kidding pen before I leave this weekend.

·
2,203 Posts
Im new to goats and I just purchased 20 head of Boer goat a few weeks backs. A few days after I brought them to their new home They slowly began to get larger and larger. their left side is larger than the right and I can't tell if the vulvas are swollen. The trick is that some of them are still nursing and one is a nursing a bake just 3 1/2 weeks old. I will send photos if anyone out there can share information! Really need it so I Know if I need to build a kidding pen before I leave this weekend.
It's good the left side is larger than the right, means they're eating and ruminating properly. A few weeks isn't long enough time to notice a huge difference in "baby belly" on the right side. How do the udders look? Ligaments? Vulvas? We need all the "Girly" information to give a more accurate guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its late hear Ill get up and take photos for you tommorrow. Im also not sure when they cycle,if thats what you ment by "girly stuff." I couldnt tell if their vuvlas are normal or not. Like I said Im new to all of this, but anxious to learn.

·
2,203 Posts
Its late hear Ill get up and take photos for you tommorrow. Im also not sure when they cycle,if thats what you ment by "girly stuff." I couldnt tell if their vuvlas are normal or not. Like I said Im new to all of this, but anxious to learn.
Vulva, udder, ligaments, cycles, etc. Anything and everything! Lol

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
When you take the pics, take them from behind with the tail up, naturally. Try to get pretty close, but, include the udder. Also, I like a pic from above, with both the right and left side visible.

If you think "wow, my neighbors are going to talk", then yes, that is the right shot. lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope these help I fidnt have much time befire i left!

Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Livestock Liver

Vertebrate Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass

Eyelash Whiskers Wood Fawn Terrestrial animal

Eyelash Whiskers Wood Fawn Terrestrial animal

Working animal Liver Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal

Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Livestock Liver

Vertebrate Plant Working animal Mammal Fawn

Terrestrial animal Livestock Landscape Grass Soil

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Jaw Working animal Tree Plant Fawn

Eye Gesture Grass Wood Foot

Fence Plant Grass Fawn Dog breed

Vertebrate Beak Feather Fawn Grass

Fawn Working animal Terrestrial animal Grass Natural material

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
I would say you have a couple pregnant ladies!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome..the bad part is im not prepared for any if this! im at football camp untill monday and then a wedding...o well im still exited ..but some of those goats udders are big because they are still nursing babies born in late febuary...are they still pregnat?

·
2,203 Posts
Does sometimes nurse kids up to a year old, depending on when a buck is introduced. They can still be pregnant while nursing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well if they arent pregnat whats wrong? can they get that big without being bloated or pregnat?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im not sure when they were with the buck...the guy I purchused them from said that they were not together but im not so sure haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts