prego question

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by tat2edlady, Mar 15, 2009.

1. tat2edlady

tat2edlady Guest

Jan 18, 2009
    when is it most likely to notice that your goat is pregos.I ask because my Moca was bred 1-24-09 and she looks to have saddle bags already and she is a (FF) and I did not worm them last year when should I worn them I would like any info on this as I am very confused about this and what brand of worner should I get.

Mindy

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    we usually do a pooch test here ...I believe at 2 months along ...take a pic of her cha cha...tail up her anus/vulva area showing....as close as you can get...but a clear picture...And we can see what we think ..... if she is preggo or not... :wink:

If you don't want to do the cha cha thing.... usually it is 1 month prior to kidding... they start to bag up....that is a good indication on a FF....

If someone else here... knows more ...please feel free to share your opinions ... :wink:

As for worming... that is done at the last month of pregnacy (30 days before kidding) worm with cattle injectable Ivomac ( "do not" use Ivomac plus while the doe is preggo) put it in a syringe... 1cc per 20lbs .... take off the needle and put it down there throat....

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    for wormers, you can use Ivomec (using plus is controversial - some say it is ok some not) or you can use cydectin orally.

For pregnancy, you can do the pooch pic as mentioned, or you can also draw blood 30 days post breeding and mail to biotracking ($7.50 plus about 5.00 for shipping) results within a week. I am a huge customer of biotracking - LOL! I like to know for sure!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    mine usualy start "showing" at about the 3 month along mark. At that time you see an udder starting (if you shave the area, if not you can just feel for it) and they start to act more like they are uncomfortable.

5. tat2edlady

tat2edlady Guest

Jan 18, 2009
    Sorry it took so long to say thank you. :cool: When it stops raining here I will get some pooch pics :rainbow: as far as the wormers can they be used now or should i wait till 30 days before kidding.

Mindy

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    cydectin you can give past 30 days gestation and I believe the same for Ivomec - but can someone please clarify -

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I hear that the Ivomec Plus shouldnt be given to pregnant but Ivomec (or generic ivermectin) can be given to pregnant goats. I have given it to the pregnant goats before