Premier 1 Fencing Questions

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Nupine, May 16, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Ok. I REALLY like their fencing. There are lots of places I could put it around our farm so the goats could eat some goodies. And my chickens. So, because I am a child, and the only income I have is from my ''chicken business'', I would get the cheep-cheep stuff, which is $100 for 164 ft of one of their sheep fencings [the goat stuff was more]. I see they have lots of extra components you can buy. So out of all the extras, what stuff do you HAVE to buy? Now, be have a solar powered whatchamacallit[the thing that makes it zap the goaties, :scratch: ], it is pretty nice. It is for the strand of wire on top of our horse pastures, but that wire doesn't work, and the WHOLE thing is screwed up, so I am sure I could use it. Can any ol' thingbob[still can't remember the name] charge it, or do you have to get the expensive one they have? Also, how well do they work? Are they dangerous? Is there and gates? Are they easy to set up? How do you attach them to the thingbobs? Do they zap real hard? Can they be used for chickens? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I just bought some of the poultry netting- I have only tried it once so far.
    I had a hard time getting it tight enough so that it didn't sag onto the ground- I think I need to fiddle with it more. I certainly couldn't make it as neat looking as their pictures but as I said I've only tried it once.
    I got the poultry netting because a person here who loves it said that she would get shorter lengths as the 164 ft is kind of heavy for her alone. I got 100 ft the first time with another 100 coming. She also said that the 6" wide for verticals she got allowed kids to get their heads through is sometimes and then keep getting shocked. So I got the closer one.
    The charger that I have powered it fine but I don't have a lot of length of hot wire here so my charge was larger than needed to begin with.
    The lady who recommended it just loves it and uses it for temporary pens all the time.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I don't recommend it for chickens, they just fly over it. The sheep fencing tends to stand up really good, but you have to have a really good charger, and a good ground to get a good shock from it. Buy plastic posts, but not from premier, you can get those at your farm supply store, put those in the saggy places and at corners in the fence.

Buying one that you have to plug in is probably the best, the solar one doesn't always work.