The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
The Excenel is $143 though. I can't afford that much for one med at this time. I have Penicillin and LA-200. Is there something comparable to the Excenel that is more affordable?
All Excenel is for is respiritory infection, Naxcel, La-200 or Penicillin works for that too.
Gentamicin is good too

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Last time I bought excellent it was 70.00. I bought with a script from my vet through PBS animal health it's been 2 years but I wouldn't think it would jump that much in price

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I would see how much your vet could get it if thats what you want.
Shop around , check out the other places like Jeffers ....you will need a script , but its worth the trouble to get one if you can save yourself 50 or so dollars....

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I wouldnt get that eye stuff, its a pain in the butt since it is so thick, and so dang expensive, they have this stuff, no rx, I cant think of what it is but it comes in a blue container and there is the gel and spray, I like the gel, its not that thick and you dont have to touch the eye so much. My #1 choice for the eye is la200 since you just put in a syringe 'spray' in the eye. And yes shop around. I myself like to go with valleyvet.com since if you have over I think $50 its free shipping. I find in the long run it comes out cheaper for the things I order

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I wouldnt get that eye stuff, its a pain in the butt since it is so thick, and so dang expensive, they have this stuff, no rx, I cant think of what it is but it comes in a blue container and there is the gel and spray, I like the gel, its not that thick and you dont have to touch the eye so much. My #1 choice for the eye is la200 since you just put in a syringe 'spray' in the eye. And yes shop around. I myself like to go with valleyvet.com since if you have over I think $50 its free shipping. I find in the long run it comes out cheaper for the things I order
I know what you are talking about, the blue bottle of gel or spray, I forget what its called too, it starts with a V though. But it does not have any antibiotics in it, it is just to soothe the eye.
I put la200 directly on the eye too. I knew an old farmer a long time ago, when her cows got pink eye, she actually gave them a shot of la200 IN their eye, a shot, with a needle! I don't do that, just drop a few drops or a squirt of La in the eye.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I know what you are talking about, the blue bottle of gel or spray, I forget what its called too, it starts with a V though. But it does not have any antibiotics in it, it is just to soothe the eye.
I put la200 directly on the eye too. I knew an old farmer a long time ago, when her cows got pink eye, she actually gave them a shot of la200 IN their eye, a shot, with a needle! I don't do that, just drop a few drops or a squirt of La in the eye.
I think y'all are talking about vetericyn.....it seems kinda pricey to me but I've heard it works very well:)

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I think y'all are talking about vetericyn.....it seems kinda pricey to me but I've heard it works very well:)
Ah ha! That is exactly what I was talking about! But it doesnt have any antibiotics in it, so it isn't really used for eye infections, but yes, that was exactly what I was talking about! I knew someone would know!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Yes yes....for reals only soothes. And a shot in the eye ball or the eye lid? We have done in the eye lid well not me I could not do that. I can't hardly do drops in animals eyes since I can't even do it to myself. I had pink eye and had my mommy (yes I'm 28) put the drops in my eyes and I was a baby about it lol. But yes it is spendy but I do like it but I guess its good I also give la200 as well lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts