The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, lately I've been beginning to doubt my little ND doeling's conformation a bit. She has a steep rump on and off, and has a fairly short neck(she had a nice long one up until the last couple months), and who knows what other negatives I can't pinpoint.

She's about...6 months now, and I know that even after a year old her conformation can change drastically. It's kind of a downer either way though to see your prospective show stopper come up with faults. I know that she won't be perfect, but I would like her to be generally as decent as possible.

Until now I had no updated pics of either parent, only small, unset-up, or older pics. Now, I'm pretty sure that the neck won't change(her sire's neck is pretty short, but who knows), however after looking at an updated pic of her mother, I am super excited to see how she turns out! I need to get a current pic of Bambi nice and set up, to help show how much she's changing.

Camanna UP Bambi Blue

Week Old:

Three Months Old:

Six Months Old:

Dam(Camanna TC Laurentia Blue):

Based on her mother then and now(her original pic showed her with posty looking legs and a very steep rump), I suspect Bambi will be going to quite a few changes, hopefully for the better :)

PS: I apologize for the huge pics, I couldn't remember how to resize them...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I think she looks pretty nice! If that big picture is of her mother than once she get's done growing, I think she'll look pretty darn good! :thumbup:

·
Premier Colorado Nigerian Dwarf Breeder
1,092 Posts
a lot of animals will go through an 'ugly' stage where their body parts are growing and maybe not at the same rate.

I would wait till this summer, shave her, and see what you have under there.

If I have a show girl - I wait till they freshen and sometimes more than once because udder is 30%+. I say + because a senior doe gets more points for her age (ADGA) if her udder is still real nice. And remember to wait about a month after they freshen to look at the udder. All the colostrum will make the udder fill differently.

HTH,

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This summer she'll be a year old so I think it will be a good time :) I'm planning on showing her for 4h this summer, so I'm going to have to shave her anyways, and hopefully she'll look enough like her mama do to well :) I want to get a new pic every 3 months at least to see how she's doing. And the picture of the chocolate doe is her mother :) Beautiful right??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts