Price of Llama's

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by goat fever, Nov 21, 2007.

1. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    I went to the auction today and saw a Llama sell for $ 5.00 dollars. I do now that was way too cheap for this handsome fellow. But normally what do Llama's sell for? I know that is a subjective question but I quess i just want to know what the average llama sells for. I think I screwed up by not buying it.

2. DW Farms

DW Farms New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ohio
    You can probably buy a unregistered aucton llama for about $5-$50. If you looking for registered I would say prices start around $500, possilby cheaper for a gelding or non-breeder. Or you can get lucky and have a registered llama give to you, like I had, Actually I had 4 given to me. You just have to be in the right place at the righ time.

Adam

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They are advertising two bred registered llamas here for 150.00 I got my mom and cria in August for 150.00 for both. Alot of times here you will see a same sex pair - breedable - for 100.00 for the pair.

Up here the hay is so scarce, that people are giving away so many horses, llamas, goats - you name it if it eats hay!

4. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    I bought my llama in June for $100, he was 5 months old and was able to be registered. The lady I bought him from had been breeding for 20+years but said the past few years they just weren't selling. Everyone is getting into alpacas, and they go for 10-25000.