The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the auction today and saw a Llama sell for $ 5.00 dollars. I do now that was way too cheap for this handsome fellow. But normally what do Llama's sell for? I know that is a subjective question but I quess i just want to know what the average llama sells for. I think I screwed up by not buying it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can probably buy a unregistered aucton llama for about $5-$50. If you looking for registered I would say prices start around $500, possilby cheaper for a gelding or non-breeder. Or you can get lucky and have a registered llama give to you, like I had, Actually I had 4 given to me. You just have to be in the right place at the righ time.

Adam

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
They are advertising two bred registered llamas here for 150.00 I got my mom and cria in August for 150.00 for both. Alot of times here you will see a same sex pair - breedable - for 100.00 for the pair.

Up here the hay is so scarce, that people are giving away so many horses, llamas, goats - you name it if it eats hay!

·
1,062 Posts
I bought my llama in June for $100, he was 5 months old and was able to be registered. The lady I bought him from had been breeding for 20+years but said the past few years they just weren't selling. Everyone is getting into alpacas, and they go for 10-25000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts