The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have people already hounding me to sell my babies born on Dec 3rd. I'm wanting to keep these babies but I have another doe due on the 16th and would maybe sell her kids. I also have nubians (2 unreg PB and 1 reg PB bred to a reg PB buck) due in a month or so. I not sure on their due dates. What is the going rate for reg ND and nubian babies for both doelings and bucklings? Also what would be a good price for unreg PB kids?

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Generally $200+ for a registered nigerian dwarf kid, but if they have nice bloodlines, udders behind them are nice, and conformation is good then they are probably worth more. It varies depending on quality.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Prices for Nubian pb around here are $150-$400 as kids. Depends on genetics too. Nd are similar pricing with wethers of either breed going for $50-$80

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Nubians around here are usually priced at $200 and up depending on genetics, performance records on dam and sire (ie DHIR records LA Scores). Since your buck is younger and your doe I assume is going to be a first freshener I personally wouldn't sell any buck kids from them (you definitely don't want to sell any buck kids from the grade does, too many unwanted boys out there as it is). Once your doe has freshened and can prove she can milk and has a quality functional udder then you can look at offering buck kids from her next year.

Your grade kids would be worth a little less. Luckily they can be registered as 50% Nubian but will still be considered "grades".

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was shocked. The guy asking is my old Ag teacher from high school. I want to keep some of these girls and with 1 more due to kid I am not sure which ones I will keep. Only 1 I'm for sure keeping is a doeling that gave me a scare and is blind in one eye. I am going to have my vet look at her and see if it hereditary or not tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts