Pricing your 4 Sale prospects * pix added *

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sonrise Farm, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Fair?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Unfair?

100.0%
  1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Okay, I think I did something kind of dumb . . . I have a Nubian doeling, 2 yo, who has never kidded, (her father throws consistent socked on udders) has horns, has slightly downhill conformation, a high escutcheoun, and really big milk orifices, beautiful straight legs and tight shoulders, could be wider in the ribcage, and could benefit from sharper withers, has a steep rump and could have a slightly longer neck.
    Despite all that, she has the perfect legs, the perfect stride and the perfect shoulder and chest space. She is really wide in the back, and she will have a super udder.
    However I had her priced at 120 because of her awesome disposition and her siblings awesome udders.
    After looking her over critically, I think I have priced her unfairly. I think a lower price would be fair . . . what do you think?

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    Re: Pricing your 4 Sale prospects

is she registered?

i sell my registered kids for 300 and 50 off for 4h

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

Do you happen to have a picture of her? Is she registered?

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

no she isn't registered---- and I don't think I have a good pix of her . . . I'm doing school (online) right now and later I will take a pix of her to put on here.

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

oh, shoot, you can't see her . . . . I had to shrink it quite a bit . . .let me try again . . .

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

I think 120 is perfectly fair, I wouldn't sell her for less.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I think thats fair too :)

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    thanks guys. * :grouphug: *

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Talitha,

One thing that you definately need to keep in mind if you truely are wanting to sell her is that the market in our area is not good for goaties - especially coming into winter because of what happened last year.

Such as when I quoted you the price of an unborn doeling from Joy. I knew that she would be worth more, but with sight unseen (unborn), late kidding in the season, and coming up on winter, I wanted to move her, as I really did not want to keep her.

I personally just bought a Nubian doeling and buck for $50.00 each. Both can be registered if I want. The buck's dam was appraised in June as a 91 or 93 E.

I am not saying that this girl is not worth what you are asking, please do not get me wrong, but she is an unregistered, unproven, and the market right now is horrible.

Just my 2 cents.

10. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    much welcomed . . . . .

11. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    lol. A guy just called me and said he'll give me 110 for her. :) so I'm good . . .

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is good! Congrats~

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats perfect. I was going to say that you can always go down but you cant go up so keep it. But thats great.

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    That sounds fair to me! Congrats on finding her a home!