Pricing?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Dec 20, 2009.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    What would be a good price to ask for kids from my does? My boer is bred to a unreg. boer buck,and my Alpine/Nubian is bred to Hardluck-Hollow Ruff Tyrone

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Is the sire and dam of the boers Fullbloods or percentages?

3. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    No,neither are registered

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    boers that aren't registered.... can be fullbloods..100% boer ...purebreds ...are ...that they began as : example: nubian/boer and each offspring of each generation has been bred up... to a purebred status...or percenters start at 50% ..75% 88% 97% up to purebred status ....they just don't have any registration.....some breeders... just let them go... without there papers....I ask because.. it helps in pricing the boers ... :wink: :greengrin:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Depends on what people are willing to pay. I would look around at other goats for sale, local papers, craigslist? and see what the prices are. Where I am, they would probably go for $100 to $200. Each location is going to be a little different. It also can depend on the conformation of the does, udders, how many kids they generally have, if they're in good winter weight and healthy, etc.

6. For and unreg buck, 75-100.00 is not bad and for an unreg doe 150.00 to 200.00 is good. When reg you get in around 200.00 and up to 2000.00 for some.

7. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    My doe is actually a Boer/Nubian cross,and the buck is a grade boer,I don't think they know what % he is,so I figured the kids probably wouldn't be worth alot since they won't be registered and are going to be born late, in April or May,but wasn't sure what would be an ideal range to start with. Thanks for the help guys! :)

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    The prices that the others gave ...sound about right.... :thumbup:

9. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    ok, here's what I'm thinking: d/b/w

for the dairy kids(does would be reg. as 50%) 150/100/50

the boers - 125 or 100/75/50

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    those sound good. reg goats and the price jumps dramatically. I paid $150 for a nice boer/nubian 88% this fall and agree with the price and plus neg for the diseases. I think if you test the price goes up a bit, also each goat is different, i've seen some not so good FB's and some really great percentages.