Princess Kidded!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Tog Lovers, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Well after 3 weeks of thinking any time now :hair: Princess has kidded!!! :stars: We have a beautiful little buckling. And the best part of all is he will have our Herd Name!!!

[​IMG]

Had to call the vet because she still looks prego! He has said that with first timers it could be a little while yet before the next one comes. She seems fine and in no distress so we are waiting to see. We tried bouncing and just feeling and sometimes it seems like there is one in there and sometimes it doesn't. :shrug:

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh, how adorable!!! :love: Congrats!!!

3. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    :stars: :stars: What a gorgeous baby!! Congratulations :stars: :stars:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Aww...he's adorable!!! :stars: Congratulations on your first baby!!

Is mama doing well? Eating and drinking? She needs a cookie for making such a cutie!

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Congrats. :leap: Sometimes they do take a while between kids. I would keep an eye on her.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hot digity dog.......Yah hoooooo........... :leap: :wahoo: congrats :dance:

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    very cute indeed!

want to know how tired i am??

i looked at him and wondered.. why are his legs pink..

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Did you try to go in and check? Did she pass he afterbirth? she may have a dead kid in there that may be why she isn't contracting...I would strongly recommenced going in....before she closes...

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    What a beauty! I love that coloring :love:

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ditto what Pam said. Clean up good and check for any kid/s still in her. Even if that afterbirth came out already it never hurts to check just in case. I know it sounds weird and gross or whatever but it is worth the peace of mind. OF course put mom on a round of pen afterwards because you went in.

11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Congrats on the buckling, he looks like one of our Mini-Nubian wethers!

12. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Thank You!!!! We are very excited. The little one is doing fine. He is in the house because we are bottle feeding for CAE Prevention. He isn't drinking much but he seems to be getting enough. He is alert and busy when he's awake and doesn't act hungry. So far he's been taking about 2 onces every 3-4 hours.

Momma is doing good too. No more babies so I think she is done. She is eating and acting her regular self. I didn't go in because she isn't acting off at all. We watched he all night and she seems to be just fine. She isn't giving much when we milk her (like 3 oz.). Is this normal the first couple of days? And how often should we be milking the colostrum?

13. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    such a cute lil toggie :D

LW

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!! If she still hasn't had another kid then I'd double check and see if the placenta has come. He's adorable! Congrats! :boy:

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    3 oz is not normal. she should be producing way more milk - closer to 2 cups or more at the very least.

Did she pass the placenta?

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Very important.........did she pass her placenta?? :worried:

What kind of milk/colostrum are you bottle feeding baby?

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the little one - he is a doll!

I would think that she should be giving more, but she may not be letting down for you either and being a first timer. She could be a bit stressed.

Are youmilking twice a day at least.

18. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    AAAAWWWWW.... he is adorable :love: Congrats!

19. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Sorry it took so long for an update, I had to work today and Rich is pretty beat. The Vet was out this morning and momma and baby are fine. He is already eating 4 oz at a time evey 4 hrs. I finally got an acurate decription from Rich on what he saw when he got home and she had indeed passed the placenta with the baby. She did so well for a first time mommy!!

I want to give a Big THANK YOU to Liz!!!! I really would have been worried sick without your guidance and reassurance. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! And Thank You to all who have offered their advice on here. It truely is appreciated. :clap: :clap:

As far as milking goes...We were milking her a little every time we fed the baby. When we milked her this morning she gave 15 oz. So we decided to wait the whole 12 hrs to milk her again. Right now we are feeding the baby a powdered colostrum and will switch over to the Save-A-kid. I'm still trying to get my hands on a used pastuerizer.

(There are more pics on our website)

1 down and 2 to go! Now for a little sleep!

20. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    What a cute baby.

Have you tried to give mom some molasses water? That will help her with the milk production.