The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know your opinion on my daughters Boer doe. We call her princess Molly because she is such a drama queen lol :). We are going to use her for breeding next year hopefully to produce fair wethers for my daughter the following year! We just love her to pieces!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I like her rear legs in the first shot, but can't tell much about her rear profile in the second one- too much of her rear is obscured by the bars. She seems long and mostly level. Maybe a bit short necked? Hard to tell by these. A little too much brisket for me.
Over all a nice doe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like her rear legs in the first shot, but can't tell much about her rear profile in the second one- too much of her rear is obscured by the bars. She seems long and mostly level. Maybe a bit short necked? Hard to tell by these. A little too much brisket for me.
Over all a nice doe.
Yes these pics aren't the greatest I just snapped them quick today :) the little picture at the bottom of my post (by my quote) was her at the end of July this year. She has really grown since then. Thanks for your input, I like hearing what everyone has to say (it allows me to learn):)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Nancy! I will definitely try to get better pics at some point.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I think she's a great start for your daughter. She's looks well fed and cared for. :) Good on her feet and legs, pretty good topline, would like to she her leveler out her hip. Looks to be well muscled. She should make some nice kids, bred to the right buck.

Things to consider when choosing a buck: She is a little heavy fronted for me. I would also like to see her more pulled apart in her skeleton. She's a little narrow based and flat ribbed from what I can tell. A pic over her top would be helpful to accurately evaluate her. Her neck set would be more attractive if it where higher and closer to her shoulder. More feminine if she was longer necked.

Hope that helps you. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for your help! I have really learned a lot since joining this site:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts