Pritchard Nipples

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Tenacross, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Tenacross

Tenacross Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Enumclaw, Wa.
    OK, so what's the trick? Is there a brand of soda that is best for the bottle? Do they always leak? Mine leak. :(
    Cut the end with scissors, or slice it? My Boer babies are doing fine, but I'm going to try and make a bottle baby out of one of my Saanen's when she goes here pretty soon.

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Pepsi brand bottle work best. I usually only make a hole or small slit in the end to begin with so the milk drips steadily and doesn't just pour out of the nipple when I hold it upside-down.

3. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

I use toenail clippers to cut the little teat on the end off. Pepsi does work best and you need to remove the plactic ring off the bottle.

4. LilBleatsFarm

LilBleatsFarm Premier Colorado Nigerian Dwarf Breeder

Jul 18, 2012
    Colorado
    I use Dr.Pepper bottles and mine leak until the kid starts to drink out of them.

I just snip the end off. There is a tiny hole at the base - keep that up so milk doesn't drip out of that.

I just took a dam raised Nigie kid at 6.5 weeks old and make her a bottle baby. Helps to try when they are real hungry. Took her the 2nd day to get the hang of it. About 4 days before she came running to me for the bottle.

Some might take a few days longer to get the hang of it. But again if they are starving they figure it out real quick.

HTH,

5. Tenacross

Tenacross Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Enumclaw, Wa.
    Thanks.