The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Love my Goats ♥
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nigerian buck an I am looking to purchase a full sized dairy doe, I came across this BEAUTIFUL Nubian x Saanan :). My question is how in the world could a ND buck breed a full sized doe?!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yea, seems kind of improbable doesn't it? They might need a little help in the form of a table or a stump, and a little guidance, but I am told that they usually figure it out. :)

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
Not a dumb question at all lol..we purchased a Nigerian buck to breed our Saanen for mini saanen..Our ladies are pretty good size...we have a slab of concrete that is up off the ground it will be his platform ... you could Build Him his own platform

Our plan is walk Bleu to his spot..and walk the doe where she needs to be and hope they understand lol...

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I have a Nigerian buck an I am looking to purchase a full sized dairy doe, I came across this BEAUTIFUL Nubian x Saanan :). My question is how in the world could a ND buck breed a full sized doe?!
It might seem impossible but, trust me on this, it isn't. I don't think you would want to put a ND in with, say 20 does, but he can get the job done with a few.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Some years ago, we were switching from boers to Nigerians, and my new Nigerian Dwarf buck got all my boer nannies before I could sell them off. I had to wait til most of the kids were weaned to sell the nannies. Some nannies I sold with their babies. Weird looking kids. Cute. Just weird looking.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
It can be done lol ! Like every one else said build him some kind of platform..

Interesting Story....
One of my grandpas friends, bred a MINI horse to a 18 hand draft horse (can't remember the breed). Why I don't know.. but he just built a platform and they breed him to drafts for several years.. :)

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
My 5 month old ND can reach my yearling Nubian. :) With nothing but the dirt to stand on. So it can be done, fairly easy usually. If a buck wants to get something done.... he most certainly will!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts