Probably overreacting but......

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Crissa, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Lyrae was acting off tonight during feeding time. She ate some but not as much as usual. And she was acting a little lethargic. I don't know what's wrong with her or if it's just the change in the weather today. :shrug: I'm just kind of worried since she's still somewhat thin from taking care of Orion. (getting better though) Any advice?

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I would take her temp and watch her. Sometimes mine will do that just because they are having an off day - but the next morning they are back to their normal self!!!

Let us know!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Allison....take her temp....that way ....you will know whether to start her on antibiotics or not...

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks. Should I do it asap or do you think she'll be okay until after school tomorrow? If need be I can get up even earlier in the morning to check on her. (have to feed the lambs anyways)

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would check her in the morning. you will rest easier knowing she is ok or be able to head right into treating her if she isnt.

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I agree, thats the first thing I usually do when I see a goat acting off...check their temp. That tells you a lot.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
  8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Just curious how your girl is this morning!

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Crissa, I hope she is better today. I hope she was just having a bad day. :scratch:

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I couldn't find my thermometer this morning but she's acting like herself again. It is snowing and very cold so I bedded them down heavily. I'll try and find it or buy another one as soon as I can get to the store. (it was supposed to be in the show box) She ate all of her grain and was chowing on the hay so I think it was just an off day, but I will still be watching closely.

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Good to know that she is doing better. :greengrin:

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh good. thats wonderful that you were paying attention though as things can easily go down hill. Being proceptive is important.

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That's great Crissa, glad she's feeling better!

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
  15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks. She's back to 100%. She's even bullying Lyric again. :roll: (don't know why she hates her so much)

16. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Crissa- I know what you mean my biggest doe and my largest doe don't get along at all for no apparent reason! At least she is back to herself and you know she's ok (even if it gets on your nerves sometimes).

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yeah, poor Lyric doesn't know what to do! She was mean when I first got Lyrae but as soon as she head butted her and her little scur went flying she's been an angel. I guess Lyrae hasn't forgotten. :roll: