Probiotic finished poo still loose

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Thanatos, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I am gonna beat this to death.... I just sent her poo out for a fecal today so I will get that back prolly Mon or tues. But I just did a full Probiotic course and yesterday evening she was at the berry stage, but this morning it was horse like. This is really startin to worry me. All of her other stats are about right temp 102-103, eatin fine, milk is about right ammount, eyes and gums are pink.... Do I just wait till fecal done then treat or should I just worm with Invo

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wait for the fecal to come back, in the meantime make sure she is drinking alot of water and with hold all grain from her, give her nothing but hay and make sure she has access to minerals. Try giving her some dry oatmeal in the place of the grain....it really helps to firm up goat poop.

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Wont that kill her milkin?

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Not as long as she's drinking her water....a day or two without grain won't drop her supply at all...it's going the weeks without that will dry her up. It also could very well be the grain that is making her poop funny. If you don't feel comfortable about with holding all of her ration, cut it back to a 1/4 of what she normally would get and add a cup of oatmeal.....alfalfa pellets would be good a this point as well to fill her belly without adding the corn and oats that most grain mixes consist of. It could be that if it isn't a worm overload that she is just sensitive to the grain mix itself. This is just my opinion, but I have found that when my girls get an increase in their ration to help compensate what they are putting in the milk pail, they tend to get soft poop so I back off a bit til they adjust to the amount.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Liz....wait for the fecal.... :wink:

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    oh yeah she switche her poo on me again :hair: :hair: I think she enjoys messin with me.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats part of their job as goats ;)

wait on the fecal

8. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Well if nothin else they will teach me more patience :) . btw Cleo and her cough are prolly alergies we have a wind storm goin and everyting is bloomin. I gave her a little electrolite solution(bounce back its called) cause she went to 104.3 after her immuni shot today

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    do keep an eye on the temp but yah I have a goat with allergies :roll:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Same here....Binky gets a cough this time of year and Tilly gets watery eyes, healthy otherwise, just has to run it's course.