problem solved!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by farmergal, Mar 22, 2010.

1. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Well it looks like this is going to all turn out for the best... I didn't want to leave this up in case anyone did a bit of hunting to figure out who the breeder was ;)

2. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Re: how to handle an unregisterable (?) doe? (long story)

Just an opinion, but if the goat can't be registered she should refund most of your money at least. The goat was sold to you under false pretenses, and you should be able to either return her or have the price adjusted to her value as an unregistered goat. And which of these you do should be up to you. If she takes it back with the kids maybe she should pay you in addition the value of the unregistered kids. That wouldn't completely alleviate your financial loss, but it would help, at least you wouldn't be holding the whole bag for her error. I would certainly give her an opportunity to do these things before posting this story with her name in it all over the web, and locally as well, but in the end if you don't get a reasonable settlement I don't think you should just let it go. Try to stay polite. (That would be very hard for me)

Good luck with this.

Jan

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I woudl tell the breeder you purchased from that you want some of your money back because the doe is not registered or registrable according to her and your research into the matter without Mrs X's cooperation. IT is unfair to you to have to bear the blunt of the transaction. This may light a fire under her and get her to work a little harder with the lady in question to get the registration worked out.

4. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Thanks for the advice.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

can you call her?

6. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

Yeah, I can... I probably should... I just hate confrontiation :oops:

I have no problem confronting people that I don't like and getting mad at them, but I do respect this breeder so I'm a bit shy about calling her on it.

7. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ

Yeah, that doe was falsely represented. I would ask for at least a partial refund.

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

words of wisdom that hold true " all good things in human life come from friction"